Reaction score
-Conor vs Poirier for Interim Champ
-Interim Champ vs Gaethje for LW Title
-Ferguson vs Oliveira
-Chandler vs Felder
-Feriera vs Hooker
-Makhachev vs Iaquinta

Last edited:
Gaethje doesn't deserve another shot without at least a win or 2.

As much of a pleasure as it was to watch Khabib over the years, his retirement means there’s no longer any need for me to watch the UFC again. Welcome to WWE 2.0: another undeserved Conor title shot followed by nonsense until they’re doing cage matches against the hardy brothers.

Greatest LW of all time. MMA went from life support to death with his departure. Dana is fucking thrilled and he should be, now he doesn’t have a pesky MMA champ with values to try and work around.

Dustin vs. Conor for the lightweight strap.

Gaethje vs. Chandler gets the next crack.

Hooker vs. Oliveira and winner gets Tony for the next crack after...

Justin vs Doostin for the vacant title. On the same card as Tony vs Oliveira or Dariush for the numero uno contendero spot...o.

Dustin vs. Conor for the lightweight strap.

Gaethje vs. Chandler gets the next crack.

Hooker vs. Oliveira and winner gets Tony for the next crack after...

But why doesnt Gaethje deserve the vacant title? To me Gaethje and Poirier should deserve it most. So thats why I made Conor vs Poirier Interim and the Interim vs Gaetjhe for the belt

I said this in another thread but I would much rather see an 8-man tournament for the title with ranked quarter-finals. The UFC shouldn't confine its match making to 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6 etc. as OP listed, this results in far too many rematches and doesn't build new stars.

There are some absolutely ridiculously matches to look forward to on paper with more creative match-making.

Quarter-finals:
A. (1) Dustin Poirier vs (8) Islam Makhachev
B. (4) Tony Ferguson vs (5) Michael Chandler
C. (3) Conor McGregor vs (6) Charles Oliveira
D. (2) Justin Gaethje vs (7) Dan Hooker

Semi-Finals:
E. Winner A vs Winner B
F. Winner C vs Winner D

Final:
G. Winner E vs Winner F

Alternates in the event of injury: Carlos Ferreira, Beneil Dariush

Back