Fushida Mantis vs. Vulkan Ultralight

I have the Vulkan Ultralite and the Vulkan Pro. While they are really incredibly light they certainly are not perfect. At the start of practice I really like them but they do get a bit stretchy and baggy when soaked in sweat. By comparison my P&S lightweight stays very tight throughout training. Plus I found the vulkan sizes don't fit me too great. So I think the small increase in weight is worth the tighter weave.

Plus based on all the positive things said about Fushida I will be ordering one very soon.

The Fushida ripstop pants do soften up a bit over time. I don't know how they compare to the Atama ones though.

James

I have the atama pants and the fushida pants. The Atamas are lighter. I like them both.

I got the Mantis A3 top with A2 pants. This is per Christo's advice after submitting my measurements. He was right on the money with his recommendation. The jacket is by far the best fitting I have ever worn/rolled in. The pants are nice too because they are very lightweight yet a little stiff. Personally I like the pants because its easy to break grips on stiffer material. My only issue is with the front belt loops. But Fushida is sending me a new pair no questions asked!

Overall I am happy with this gi and I am going to roll in it again tonight. Pictures coming soon.

I got the new pair of pants via express mail. I must say Fushida's customer service is incredible! The gi top is so comfortable yet is hard to grab a hold of. The pants are super light but rather stiff, however I really appreciate this because it makes breaking grips much much easier. Maybe that's what Fushida had in mind when they designed them.

Overall this is the best gi I own so far!

I got the new pair of pants via express mail. I must say Fushida's customer service is incredible! The gi top is so comfortable yet is hard to grab a hold of. The pants are super light but rather stiff, however I really appreciate this because it makes breaking grips much much easier. Maybe that's what Fushida had in mind when they designed them.

what was wrong with the belt loops?

I guess I know what next weeks paycheck is going towards. :D

what was wrong with the belt loops?

Nothing major.. just some stitching issues and a little fabric damage. However I am positive that this was just a fluke, because the replacement pants have no sign of this nor have I heard any complaints from other people who have these pants.

I have been sweating and training like an animal in this gi but it holds shape well, i stay fairly cool, and it dries so fast! I lent out my Atamas and sold my Padilla and Sons so this is my only gi for now. But next week I'm getting my Koral light! Need to give the Fushida a break for a minute.

Back