Fushida Komodo A1X vs Fuji Victory A2

Foblander

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to share my experience with two different gi's that I own. A Fuji Victory Single Weave A2 and a Fushida Komodo A1X. Both have only been washed on cold setting and hung dried numerous times.

I am 5'11" 143 lbs so I made it my objective to find a gi that would fit me correctly. Since I am tall and skinny I am in between sizes for a lot of gi's out there. I wanted a slim fitting gi with the proper length for the sleeves and pants. So far I couldn't have been any happier with these two purchases.

The Fuji gi is an excellent gi for the price that I paid. It is well made and reinforced in all of the right places. I must say out of my three gi's (third being a school no brand gi) the Fuji is the most comfortable out of them all. It's the softest and what's cool about the Fuji is the cuff is really narrow but then as you work your way up the sleeve it gets wider. In my opinion it feels better when I am moving my arms since there's more room. I think for training this gi serves it's purpose. The gi fits pretty well for my body type. The only fault being that the sleeves fall a little short to my liking, which I don't really mind all that much.

After a couple months I ordered the Fushida Komodo since I had heard such good things about this company. They were the only company at the time that I knew of who offered in between sizes. To be honest the whole measuring aspect really put me off for a long time as a result of my laziness. I'm glad I did it because once Christo responded back I knew I had to have one of their gi's. He told me exactly how it would fit and he was right on the money. Once the gi arrived I was amazed how beautiful it looked in person. It was bright white and the quality was obvious. Reinforced in all of the right places but even more generous with the layers of stitching. The gi felt like it could handle a beating and it does! The Komodo fit even better than my Fuji. It was tighter throughout the sleeves, waist, and back. The excess cloth under my armpit was eliminated and the length on both the gi sleeves and pants were longer, which made it perfect! The skirt for the Fushida is also a little bit longer than the Fuji. For a competition I would use this gi again. The pearl weave is thick and hard to grab and the collar is pretty good as well. Both the Fuji and Fushida have decent collars (relatively same size) but the Fushida's collar is harder to manipulate. I will definitely pick up another Fushida in the future. I feel like this gi was custom made for me.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

71748_10100367322305003_5208450_64585005_3625498_n.jpg

Fushida over Fuji

73176_10100367331666243_5208450_64585265_3263469_n.jpg

Fuji Front

73176_10100367331661253_5208450_64585264_2584099_n.jpg

Fuji Side

73176_10100367331671233_5208450_64585266_1088576_n.jpg

Fushida Front

36081_10100367334335893_5208450_64585347_1716491_n.jpg

Fushida Side

36081_10100367334340883_5208450_64585348_7368749_n.jpg

1 more Fushida

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I thought Fujis were huge, but from the first pic, looks like the only difference in the armhole and sleeve size. The body cavity also looks to be the same size.

Btw, some questions
1. How much longer are Komodo's sleeve compared to Victory's (cuff to cuff)?
2. What are Fuji's pants made off?

Thanks for this, I thought Fujis were huge, but from the first pic, looks like the only difference in the armhole and sleeve size. The body cavity also looks to be the same size.

Btw, some questions
1. How much longer are Komodo's sleeve compared to Victory's (cuff to cuff)?
2. What are Fuji's pants made off?

No problem it was fun :)

The Fuji pants is cotton twill. I like them. They're very comfortable and soft and there is some give when I stretch them out while rolling, which is a good thing. They're also well made and I expect them to wear pretty well.

This is how Christo described the Komodo compared to the Fuji.

Jacket:
Sleeves - longer by approx. 1" longer each sleeve
Torso waist wrap - just slightly leaner, but very similar
Back cut - cut leaner for the more tailored fit
Armpit - reduced extra fabric ...less baggy in this area
Height - approx 0.5-0.75" longer
Wrist Cuff - approx 0.25" wider
Pants:
Length - approx 1.25-1.5 longer
Ankle width - approx 0.25" narrower

Do you have long arms? The sleeves look a little short on both models on you. How was the initial shrinkage with the Fushida?

Do you have long arms? The sleeves look a little short on both models on you. How was the initial shrinkage with the Fushida?

I think I have average size arm length? lol The Fuji sleeves are a little short but the Fushida fits fine. I think in these pics the sleeves are riding up a little maybe due to me bending my arms from earlier. When I place both hands in front of me the sleeves pretty much touches the back of my hand. When I first got it the sleeves went past my wrist.

Glad the Komodo worked out for you, it's a good solid gi and add that together with Christo's service, then you cannot go wrong.
Arms look a tad short but probably within legal limits I guess.

Foblander... your name rules! LOL.....we all got some fobiness from time to time.
Seriously though I love my Fushida! It's the best gi purchasing experience ever. After i get my Koral light next week my next purchase will be the Komodo.

rest of the pics for comparison

71748_10100367322290033_5208450_64585003_6049746_n.jpg

Fuji over Fushida

71748_10100367322295023_5208450_64585004_374068_n.jpg

Fuji over Fushida

72416_10100367327205183_5208450_64585136_835080_n.jpg

collar thickness. Fuji top Fushida bottom

72416_10100367327210173_5208450_64585137_3802623_n.jpg

Fuji on top

72416_10100367327220153_5208450_64585138_7053035_n.jpg

Fuji on top of Fushida

73176_10100367331651273_5208450_64585262_2174539_n.jpg

I am buying a fushida this week i think , not sure if i want a white or black , What would say weight wise the gi is like compared to the fuji as i own a fuji they look similair but with different weaves one could be lighter .

plus fushida has a rubber collar also .

Last edited:
After multiple washes, how soft is the Fushida compared to the Fuji?

Nickynoneck: I think the Fushida Komodo is like 4.2 lbs but I am not 100% sure. The Fuji should be around the same weight. I don't notice too much difference. If I had to guess I would say the Fuji jacket feels slightly lighter.

cheesesteak: As you can see from the two differenct weaves, the single weave for the Fuji is flat so naturally it will feel smoother to the touch. After being washed and hung dry it remains soft so it's pretty darn soft IMO. The Fushida weave is rounded and after wash and hung dry it feels hard and rough but softens up after I wear it bit. Not soft like the Fuji but definitely not uncomftable enough for me not to wear it for an extended amount of time.

christ00: Wow it has changed quite a bit from shrinkage from 4 months ago! Check this thread out to see how my Fuji has shrunk over time. Remember I only hang dry my gi's indoors without the use of the sun. The Fuji has shrunk as much as possible in this thread from hang drying.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/fuji-gi-question-1256913/index2.html

Last edited:
Nickynoneck: I think the Fushida Komodo is like 4.2 lbs but I am not 100% sure. The Fuji should be around the same weight. I don't notice too much difference. If I had to guess I would say the Fuji jacket feels slightly lighter.

cheesesteak: As you can see from the two differenct weaves, the single weave for the Fuji is flat so naturally it will feel smoother to the touch. After being washed and hung dry it remains soft so it's pretty darn soft IMO. The Fushida weave is rounded and after wash and hung dry it feels hard and rough but softens up after I wear it bit. Not soft like the Fuji but definitely not uncomftable enough for me not to wear it for an extended amount of time.

christ00: Wow it has changed quite a bit from shrinkage from 4 months ago! Check this thread out to see how my Fuji has shrunk over time. Remember I only hang dry my gi's indoors without the use of the sun. The Fuji has shrunk as much as possible in this thread from hang drying.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/fuji-gi-question-1256913/index2.html

number one complaint about my fuji that it shrinks even if hang dry , little tip before you go to class if you can chuck the gi in the dryer for like a minute and then take it out and stretch it yourself ! it will stretch a little and it will skip the awkward phase of starting the warm with your gi a little to snug .

i find it helps if you own a fuji to do this method of stretching .

i agree, with nickyoneck. i put all my gi's in the dryer on tumble (no heat) i put my focus mits and a lacrosse ball in there to soften them up. that fixes any crispy gi, and a light stretch before class usually returns my fuji to just above my wrists. for the price and overall quality/cut the issue of a little shrinkage really not so bad.

Soo glad I stumbled upon this thread!! Im about the same measurements as you TS (5'11" 150 lbs). I took everybodies advice and sized up to a fuji A3, the length seems perfect but its crazy baggy around the waist. I like the look of that A2s fit, is it acceptable length for compitition? I'd really like a lighter fitting Gi but I dont wanna buy one and then not be able to wear it in tourneys. Is there any chance you could get a measurement of your reach fingertip to fingertip? I wanna compare before I pull the trigger haha.

Soo glad I stumbled upon this thread!! Im about the same measurements as you TS (5'11" 150 lbs). I took everybodies advice and sized up to a fuji A3, the length seems perfect but its crazy baggy around the waist. I like the look of that A2s fit, is it acceptable length for compitition? I'd really like a lighter fitting Gi but I dont wanna buy one and then not be able to wear it in tourneys. Is there any chance you could get a measurement of your reach fingertip to fingertip? I wanna compare before I pull the trigger haha.

Well after I roll in it the sleeves really stretch out down to my wrist. lol So if you really want to wear it for comp you could pre-stretch it before the competition like how others had suggested.
I was close to getting the A3 Fuji but I would rather have it snug and not have to swim through it. The sleeves go past my mid forearm so it's not too bad when training. In those pictures I posted I didn't straighten the sleeves so it is higher than usual. I might retake some new photos to show how it really is on me.

Here's my arm length the way Fushida wanted me to measure it.

Fushida Judo Uniform Judogi Gi Measurements & Body Measurements Assistance With Fitting

Arm Length: 33 inches

Two Arm: 63 inches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back