Fury's Knockout Power and prediction for Wilder KO in 2

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TheMaster, Jan 27, 2020.

1. TheMaster Take The Road To Reality

Fury gets labelled as feathr fisted but is this true?

- 20 KO' s from 29 fights = 69% KO percentage.

- Says Manny Steward told him he was one of hardest to hit the pads he had felt, but doesnt set his feet in fights so he can move.

- Claims he dreamed he will KO Wilder in 2nd round.

He is not a huge puncher for his size, bit is his KO ability being overlooked?

2. revoltub Gold Card

He's economic with his punches but he has power. Anyone asking if a 260 pound man can ko anyone is kinda stupid imo.

3. Yacob Bill Joe Sanders can kiss my wrinkly nutsack

He has the reach of an NBA center with a technique that resembles more of a middle or lhw than hw.

If he sits down and connects it's 100% going to hurt very badly.

4. revoltub Gold Card

Yeah hes wide in the middle but also has those long arms aka leverage. Fat power plus leverage power. It's almost mathematically impossible that he cant crack.

5. TheGreatA Silver Belt

He can punch, as you would expect from a trained boxer who is over 250 pounds. But Deontay Wilder has proven that he can take a punch.

Fury is just talking trash, there's no way in hell that he's going to go out there with a KO in mind.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  6. Deaths Head Blue Belt

Wilder is a slow starter if he doesn’t get a first round knockout which he won’t here .

Odds of a Fury knockout early are greater then Wilders if he works combinations behind a jab but I don’t think either gets stopped before mid rounds .

I think Fury will wobble Wilder multiple times maybe drop him and go for a late stoppage but won’t get it then with 3 rounds left plays it safe to a drained Wilder and Wilder survives a 12 round UD loss .

I just don’t see Fury clowning this time ,if you rewatch even the last round after the knockdown he was hit with a huge left hook and didn’t faze him , Wilder is going to have to hurt Fury in an upright position and he didn’t hurt him at all in the last one until Fury leaned over making him an easy target .

Im just not buying into Fury is dead in the water when he gets hit .

I’m going to have to go with the guy who wasn’t outboxed in any round and had the other guy holding on in the last round after being on the deck .

Fury UD .

7. City_Lights Brown Belt

He can punch but has a safety first style and doesn't take many risks. He could win by KO but as far as this statement goes I'm brushing it off as pre fight build up.

8. hiphopnazi Brown Belt

From memory, he rattled Wilder in the 12th but as listed above, Wilder can take some decent punishment. He'll need to catch Wilder with something he doesn't coming and finish it with a combo to even drop him.

9. Seano Hands of bone

Fury is going to be Fury. He's not dumb, he's not going to slug it out with Wilder. He knows one shot can put him on his ass, it happened twice in the first fight.

10. Seano Hands of bone

Fury is pretty chinny, really. He's been dropped and dropped hard multiple times in his career. His recovery is pretty special but if he gets caught, he goes down.

11. Deaths Head Blue Belt

I don’t know anyone that hasn’t gone down in Heavy weight boxing at least off hand fighting top guys though no top guy ever floored him besides Wilder it’s bound to happen .

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  12. Woldog Undisputed Champion of Sherdog

As much as I like Fury, I can see this fight really going either way easily. But I can't see Fury knocking Wilder out and trust me I'd love to see that. I think it's going to be Points for Fury or an under 7 rounds KO for Wilder. But either way It'll be a great fight.

13. XXXXXLPREDAT0R Yellow Belt

I watch this box very close

14. purpleheart Green Belt

Cunningham put him down with a monster of an overhead right. Wilder landed the bomb, both times he got up and finished strong.

Chinny? Definitely not, he ate big rights from Wlad when he actually connected.

Fury talks a lot and doesnt stick to it. But i believe hes going to aim to do what he says this time; get inside and look for a knockout. Mano el Mano.

He is capable of taking him out for sure. Will the bomber land his mid range cannon before he gets there though? Love this this fight.

One thing is for sure as well; Wilder isnt the slickest boxer in the world but he has a chin to compensate.

15. Seano Hands of bone

He's been dropped more than that.

16. ZOD66 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Wilder wins this fight

17. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Brown Belt

Hes a decent puncher when he commits, he was actually marketed as a puncher in his earlier years. I highly doubt he could get Wilder out of there in 2 though, he could potentially stop Wilder eventually but I think it'd take multiple rounds of chipping away and wearing him down first.

18. Hypetrainhipsta Blue Belt

He has decent power, but his punching technique isn't always perfect, his hooks are often too slappy.
    That's the one thing that you can say about Peter Fury as a coach, his fighters are well conditioned and have great footwork and defensive skills, but their punching technique is rather poor.
    Of course Tyson isn't nearly as bad as Hughie, who can't throw a proper overhand right to save his life.

19. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

In the other thread, I picked Fury by KO. Still picking Fury by KO

20. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

He has proper power, no doubt. A guy that big/long, with good technique cant fail to hit fckin hard. But he doesn't hit like Joshua or wilder, even if he holds his feet. he doesn't have that athletic explosivness they have. I would lay money down that he doesn't hit as hard as lennox lewis. I don't believe the many quote

He can knock wilder out, but he won't. If he holds his feet for a moment he risks getting KO'd by this fella. And he is generallt safety first against anyone who is potentially dangerous. he only really opens up nowadays against sub standard guys he doesn't respect