1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Fury would beat prime Mohammed Ali

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by M.A.G.A., Oct 9, 2021.

1. The Penetrator Purple Belt

It maybe an unpopular opinion, but i dont see why it might not be true...

Obviously well never know, but reality is, you just didnt see guys that big fight back then... Abd fight well, fight smart, move, and have power...

Anyway my guess is it would probably be closer than what many people think!

george-oli likes this.
  2. Culombo Brown Belt

especially since covid is supposed to affect your lungs and all that .. same thing happened to me when I got it couple months ago .. after I got over it my cardio seemed to be better ... he probably had it asymptomatic ? so it never a got a chance to really bring him down

3. The XL Silver Belt

Fury could beat Ali and Foreman and could lose to them. He wasn't better but he's certainly in their class.

4. robotsonic Black Belt

Athletes get better and more refined over time, direct comparisons are unfair. We all know this, but we have to have this conversation every time.

Average heavyweights of this era would mess up Louis and Marciano, let's just compare people to their competition at the time.

5. Zarathustra611 Yellow Belt

Probably this. Fury's size & skill set/ring IQ will make him a tricky prospect for anyone.

That said, Ali is also a great, good speed, great movement, great ring IQ also. There's a chance Ali figures him out or manages to AJ/Usyk him by just being that little bit nimbler & slicker.

Great fight but it's impossible really to say across eras.

6. Methodius White Belt

We will see how good he will do against Usyk. Than we can judge. (but I do think Ali is overrated because all that Myth about him)

7. Badr Hari Brown Belt

<Grimes01>

8. Cariñito Broner Brodie/Canelo Cartel/Errol Express/

He didnt have covid. Guy was out in public having a ball the day after he claimed he had it.

9. Roids Brown Belt

And GG again.

[​IMG]

LangfordBarrow likes this.
  10. TheGreatA Gold Belt

One thing that has definitely evolved over time is the definition of being "fat" as a boxer.

Back in the day, people swore that Two Ton Tony Galento was the fattest guy they ever saw. But nowadays he'd look comparatively normal to the likes of Andy Ruiz or Kownacki. Even Fury has a massive spare tire around his waist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Badr Hari likes this.
  11. pakimahi Brown Belt

Why even compare?

12. defjaam Hazelnut Cake Warrior

No.

Just no.

Minowafanatic, Badr Hari and Nova44 like this.
  13. Roids Brown Belt

Those guys he listed would be not even be cruiser weights now, we were talking about fighters that would be legit HW's today also.

14. BoxingMMA Yellow Card Yellow Card

Bullshit aside, a fight id love to see is Usyk vs Marciano. Maybe if Marciano beefed up a bit or if Usyk went down a bit just to have them as similar as possible.

15. Badr Hari Brown Belt

Stylistically the worst possible fight for Usyk. I know the ukrainian has a gas tank to go 15 and his footwork and jab would win him plenty of rounds but the relentless pressure from The Rock eventually will get to him at one point later in the fight.

16. b-hop Green Belt

Ali was so much more technical, faster and coordinated than this bum, lol. The HW era now is so weak that the guy who punched himself is considered this amazing technical boxer guy. Like p4p Canelo is also much much more technical and coordinated than Fury.

tekkennlee and Roids like this.
  17. tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

Not true at all.

18. Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

I like Tony, but those pictures are a little flattering (if that’s humanly possible lol).

Good ol Tony claimed 5’9” and weighed 200-250 lbs. He was built like a dump truck but there was plenty of fat in there. Considering Marciano was 5’10” and weighed 185, I’d say he was pretty obese. But you’re right about standards being different. Back then the general public was in much better condition and overweight boxers were pretty unheard of.

19. tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

Big Gorge stops Fury brutally, Gorge would hit Fury with punches and Gorge wouldn't get concussed when he got tagged prime Gorge would walk right through Fury like he's nothing, because Fury is heavier and slower than prime Ali, Fury trying to come in big getting brutally stopped he's not getting up, of limited Wilder could catch Fury multiple times and almost stop him, Gorge would murk him.

20. tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

b-hop likes this.