Fury-Wilder is Boxing's McGregor-Diaz

If you are trolling: suck a dick and disregard the rest.

If you actually mean this: Wilder doesn't toy with anyone. He really does his very best to try and clip them with the right hand. I respect that he does regular VADA testing and expects it from his opponents. I respect that he wants to fight legit threats (not his fault two of the top 5 are cheats). But make no mistake, Wilder is not a great boxer. He is good enough and his opponent's slip up enough for that right hand punch to land. Remember that in the Ortiz fight there was a weird stall from the ref. Wilder probably won it anyway, but maybe that saved him, like the Long Count that screwed Dempsey and the one that we saw in Tyson-Douglas (again not saying that without these interruptions things were 100% reversible).

Wilder vs Fury....great fight. Fury needs to box on a tighrope the whole 12. Wilder doesn't cut off the ring. I think Fury can win, if he doesn't get lined up by that right. If Fury can uppercut himself in the face successfully, and if Cunningham can lay him flat as a board with an overhand right, then Wilder can KO him.

I love this fight, but somehow wonder why AJ hasn't stepped up. I have a theory, but that's for another day and I don't want to drop bait in the water for AJ nuthuggers.

I agree with the fight analysis here, especially the part about failing to cut off the ring. In any event, it's kind of odd to say that Fury has "no chance." He is the better boxer and has more ways to win. It's just that Wilder has power in that right hand. I'm stoked for this fight.

Also, I won't touch that McGregor Diaz comment other than to say that's one of the stranger things that I have read in a few days. Alas, the day is young I guess.

Back