Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

He could be a champion if he trained MMA when he was younger. The type of training needed to be a great boxer leaves a lot of openings against the other aspects of fighting

In boxing there are alot of heavyweights who could cross over and win in UFC or be live against anybody.

I do think it pretty much only applies to heavyweights and someone as great of a boxer as say Canelo, would likely lose quickly to regional MMA fighters of his weight.

It would all depend on his opponents. He would do good against pure strikers, and get doubled and smashed into oblivion by grapplers.

David have and a few others had wrestled before.

If derrick Lewis can fight for a title twice. Don't fucking kid yourself thinking these dudes couldn't be champs.

Solid point

Fury is 6'8" or something with chicken legs, and his whole strategy is to throw a couple punches and clinch, leaning on them to sap their strength. If you don't see how that's a recipe for disaster in mma, you clearly don't know much about mma.

I’m not really arguing the Tyson Fury is going to go into MMA. Why on earth would any elite boxer want to? Shitey UFC slave contract over making hundreds of millions across a few top level fights in boxing? Never going to happen.

Im arguing that a guy like Tyson who is as tough as anyone in combat sports wouldn’t simply crumble with the first leg kick thrown at him, particularly when they typically come from other fighter who haven only been proficient in leg kicks for a few years.

I’m arguing moreso, that the notion that boxers simply couldn’t make the transition is mental, when the best heavyweight in MMA is an ex, low-level boxer whose best wins are also against two guys who are former low level boxers.

This

Maybe if he focused on it like 10 years ago. Without the TDD and just some knowledge of wrestling, he would be facing a massively uphill battle. Not to mention the variety of strikes outside of his hands that he doesn't practice.

But he's 33 already, there's no shot at this point.

Well Fury is more talented than anyone in MMA that's for sure.I'm sure he would make a good fighter with some training (maybe 2 years of mma training).

he would die in about 25 seconds. And this is not some “mma is superior” thing either. He’s a flabby 6’9” guy who can’t grapple and has shown no evidence that I know of of being able to throw effective kicks. Stop doing this

Tyson Fury couldn't win a street-fight against Gane or Ngannou let alone an MMA fight.

Gane knocks Fury unconscious via a head kick within 30 seconds of an MMA fight. It takes a long time to learn how to block kicks, you don't just walk into an octagon and naturally get your guard up. UFC fans don't appreciate how dangerous a man with Ganes skills are to the untrained.

Frank Ngannou Kimuras Fury permanently ending his career. Tyson would have five inches on Frank but both walk around at the same weight and Ngannou is vastly stronger. This would be a straight up mauling.

Deontay Wilder on the other hand, he would make a good MMA fighter but definitely not Tyson Fury.

Fury should stick to the crooked sport that is boxing that is where he belongs.

Fury would turn Ngannou and Gane into panic wrestlers within 10 seconds

I must say it's least likely that a hw boxer would be the one to do it.

Back