Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

Tyson Fury couldn't win a street-fight against Gane or Ngannou let alone an MMA fight.

Gane knocks Fury unconscious via a head kick within 30 seconds of an MMA fight. It takes a long time to learn how to block kicks, you don't just walk into an octagon and naturally get your guard up. UFC fans don't appreciate how dangerous a man with Ganes skills are to the untrained.

Frank Ngannou Kimuras Fury permanently ending his career. Tyson would have five inches on Frank but both walk around at the same weight and Ngannou is vastly stronger. This would be a straight up mauling.

Deontay Wilder on the other hand, he would make a good MMA fighter but definitely not Tyson Fury.

Fury should stick to the crooked sport that is boxing that is where he belongs.
said no one ever

I think "only" is hyperbolic. There are plenty that could do well.

Of course they'd need to train quite a bit before they were ready if they wanted to be successful at anything other than small shows.

MMA has too many facets to it now for a one trick pony to be successful no matter how successful they were at that one trick. Even the women's fighting is evolving from the era of one trick ponies.

I will say striking effectively is probably the hardest part to become good at and he has the boxing so that's good but his clinch game is not prepared for elbows, knees, or take downs. He'd require a lot of work and at this age and stage I dont think he can unlearn the pure boxing fundamentals he has in time.

Ngannou vs Fury is the only fight right now that can beat the all time ppv records.

You can see a lot of MMA casuals are still massively insecure.

Great night for heavyweight boxing, following on from another great night watching Joshua vs Usyk two weeks ago.

Great entertainment for genuine combat fans. Terrible for MMA fanboys.

HW is probably the division where a boxer would do the best, since they have one punch ko power. I think Fury could have success in MMA, and he has said that he want to try it. Doubt he will though, since the money is simply not there, and he obviously would need to drill a lot of TDD

Ngannou literally stepped out of being a novice amateur boxer and went on to become the best heavyweight in the UFC.

The notion that nobody else could do it is absurd, frankly. Obviously it takes lots of work - but if a no-name boxer like Ngannou could do it, then obviously plenty of elite fighters would have a shot.

If anything wilder style is more suited to MMA (this is assuming he had some grappling experience)

Wilder isn’t a traditionally gifted boxer, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing in MMA... the traditional boxing stances doesn’t work in MMA...

Wilder , can flatline anyone with a single shot, in any round ... he’s punches aren’t perfect, but when u throw so much heat it doesn’t matter ...

he doesn’t set all he’s punch’s up with trad boxing combos or jabs, ...but on occasions will headhunt which is similar to a LOT of MMA fighters..

He’s also a tough sob .. who would be a absolute monster in MMA gloves if he had well rounded game

MMA Wilder = Woodley at heavyweight

Can knock out anyone (at range) but waits too long on the perfect shot.

Gets beat when he backs up and puts himself against the ropes/cage. But keeps backing up anyway. Isn’t great at fighting close range (in the clinch)…but keeps backing up.

Looks physically like a world beater but gasses sooner than later.

Boxers are punchers, not fighters.

The best boxers ever would get molested 100 different ways by the worst MMA fighters ever. A strong high school wrestler would drop any boxer's head on the concrete and kill him.

Now, back to your boxing section hole.

Fury has really good footwork I think his game would translate well into the current landscape of HW.

People are to dense to understand that on these forums I wouldn’t bother

a fat guy with soft legs that never been kicked. yeah not gonna happen.
Boxing in its essence is a (severely) limited form of combat sport compared to the superior sport thats mma

Boxers are punchers, not fighters.

The best boxers ever would get molested 100 different ways by the worst MMA fighters ever. A strong high school wrestler would drop any boxer's head on the concrete and kill him.

Now, back to your boxing section hole.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t understand fighting in any way whatsoever.

Very impressive kid

<[analyzed}>

Would have thought Dillian Whyte, has actual kick boxing and MMA experience.

I will bet the house on Usyk to beat Fury.

If it's versus the Tyson we saw last night then maybe. That's still a lot of pounds he has to overcome and he's not nearly as dangerous a puncher as Wilder is. If Tyson shows up in shape like in the 2nd Wilder fight then I see little chance for Usyk to beat him.

Back