Fury vs Wilder 3 Sold 600k PPV Sale

Ill give up my sig if it means that can doesnt return to the forum

Not bad for a fight that many claimed they wouldn't watch.
I just wonder who is more the needle mover in that equation in the PPV buying US, or if it was the dynamic of both of them, much like how DC and Jones did much selling better together than alone. Many of these super popular UK fighters just never catch on in the US. Maybe Tyson breaks that trend?

The fight came out of nowhere and people thought Wilder had no chance and it still did almost a million buys at 80 USD.

Talk about having high standards lol. How many buys should a fight like this have sold? Fury had beaten Wilder twice already.

Not that bad since he was fighting a guy who was radio silent, and who he had beaten to a pulp in the previous match.

Fury on his own is not a huge draw though. I don't think any British guy is ever going to be a huge draw in the U.S., that's just a fact. His drawing power will probably increase after that performance though.

The only hw bout that could have broken all time records was Wilder/AJ.
But that never happened.

Can you explain the under card being "trash?"

This was the best cards put together from top to bottom in a very very long time.

sure, did it have a second title fight? anyone in the p4p mix? anyone with a name? did you buy it because of the undercard? did any of the fights on the undercard get mentioned for foty?

Yep that mirrors my excitement for the fight. The answer who is the better boxer was answered in the first and second fight. It was not at all like Frazier-Ali..etc I only got up because I placed a bet.

Sure a lot of US fans and celebrities played into Wilder the KO MONSTER will win this time, but if you dont live in the delusion of these fans it was clear what would happen . then still 900k buys is a great number.
I always see this nationalism projected on to US fans but as an American I never see it.

Everybody knew Wilder is outmatched, but that he has great power and can win - and almost did - if he can land his right.

Ergo, a big drop off in US numbers from the 2nd fight since we all know the most likely outcome. I didn’t see any of this, although you added celebrities to the list and I don’t pay attention to that.

Its remarkable. Everything you just posted was completely wrong. The undercard was fantastic and Wilder, up until his recent antics, has been a promoters dream.

a promoters dream? does he even sell out arenas? his biggest ppv is this and he didnt even talk at a press conference. he literally just yells bombsquad. he hasnt traveled outside the us and he doesnt interview well.

he was on a knockout streak but he wasn't fighting top opposition.

if we assume that mike tyson was a promoters dream, how can wilder even come close? mike tyson sold out in japan, was champ in his 20s and still can sell fights better than wilder. fuck outta here

I always see this nationalism projected on to US fans but as an American I never see it.

I dont judge and think its normal to support a local / same nationality fighter more than a foreigner. Its not nationalism but just pride and a feeling of bond.

Didn't the second fight do low numbers? This looks like a step up for a pointless rematch.

After wilder got demolished second fight i didnt expect people to tune in for more of the same. 900K is very good.

a promoters dream? does he even sell out arenas? his biggest ppv is this and he didnt even talk at a press conference. he literally just yells bombsquad. he hasnt traveled outside the us and he doesnt interview well.

he was on a knockout streak but he wasn't fighting top opposition.

if we assume that mike tyson was a promoters dream, how can wilder even come close? mike tyson sold out in japan, was champ in his 20s and still can sell fights better than wilder. fuck outta here

absolutely. That was a different time here it the states.

He, before the change in attitude, was becoming more and more marketable because of his punch, his record and his likability. The guy looked and sounded the part, a promoters dream. Remember the first fight w fury did well over a million buys, that’s certainly on the way to stardom.

That's solid given almost everybody thought Fury would stream roll him again and the build sucked

absolutely. That was a different time here it the states.

He, before the change in attitude, was becoming more and more marketable because of his punch, his record and his likability. The guy looked and sounded the part, a promoters dream. Remember the first fight w fury did well over a million buys, that’s certainly on the way to stardom.
First fight did 325k ppvs, but it did 420k in the UK making it 745k for the first one.
2nd fight did 850k ppvs but Arum said there was also over 300k ppvs through digital platforms making it around 1.2m
This one did 600k and 300k overseas buys making it 900k.

Back