Fury vs Wilder 3 Sold 600k PPV Sale

100% it was the most streamed fight of the year.

Pointless fight that people still couldn't turn away from.

Very good, its more than I expected.. because everyone I talked too seemed to have little interest because of how everyone was certain Fury would win and that Wilder was a beaten man already. 900k overall is very good considering it was the 3rd fight

didn't Pacman and Keef only get like 500k? I know Pac is old, but that was a big fight and he is one of the top 2 or 3 PPV starts in history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Keith_Thurman#:~:text=The bout sold 500,000 pay,pay-per-view revenue.
I think it was because the allure was over.
Remember Mayweather-Berto did 450k after the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Floyd had to do the McGregor fight to get huge numbers again because of the "event" factor.

So right up there with Jake Paul's pay-per-view. Scotty beam me up.

Was this a really slick troll thread to get everyone to circle jerk about how awesome this event was?

If so, count me in..

That card was awesome and 900k is fucking amazing numbers for a card where pretty much nobody thought the fight would be competitive and people were giving Wilder puncher's chance only.

Also $80 is expensive is fuck....got damn.

I've been wishing Manny retired for a while- to the point I didn't watch his last 3 fights. I'm sure plenty of fans felt the same.

I don't want to watch old man Manny get more punchy.

Especially as he wants to be the next president of the Philipines. Think about that. A punch drunk president. Scary thought. Manny is a lot of things but as a politician he always was a lazy joke.

Was this a really slick troll thread to get everyone to circle jerk about how awesome this event was?

If so, count me in..

That card was awesome and 900k is fucking amazing numbers for a card where pretty much nobody thought the fight would be competitive and people were giving Wilder puncher's chance only.

Also $80 is expensive is fuck....got damn.
Yeah, it's not like those Happy Meal PPVs that Eddie Hearn sells in the UK...

In hindsight it was a great fight but most people werent interested after Wilder got crushed in the second fight. Hate to say it but even I went to bed instead of ordering it.

Yep that mirrors my excitement for the fight. The answer who is the better boxer was answered in the first and second fight. It was not at all like Frazier-Ali..etc I only got up because I placed a bet.

Sure a lot of US fans and celebrities played into Wilder the KO MONSTER will win this time, but if you dont live in the delusion of these fans it was clear what would happen . then still 900k buys is a great number.
Who are all these supposed people that were picking Wilder lol

These numbers are good given the context and it’s proof that high profile HWs sell PPVs provided promoters do their job - in this very case the undercard was pretty good.

Who are all these supposed people that were picking Wilder lol

A lot of celebrities / known boxers picked Wilder. David Haye comes to my mind but a lot of others esp. from the US too. Then you had ESPN and other media shilling for him and talking about how they favour Wilder in this fight. I mean just rewatch and listen to Ward commentating the fight. He was in desperate mode to play up everything up from Wilder and ignoring Fury. Thats how a lot of US fans stood before this fight and during. I really dont care that much but the bias was there.

I dont fault them for being biased to a fellow countryman. If they want , they should support Wilder and being a fan also means you can willfully ignore reality and just have fun. And if we are honest Wilder also made this about colour of skin from the first fight on so it was kind of edgy for some in the black community to support their hero fighting against the white man. It was and is racist to no end but well thats were we are as a society and it gets tolerated with Wilder.

600k is good considering most people stream it or used there dodgey firesticks/boxes/kodi

Especially as he wants to be the next president of the Philipines. Think about that. A punch drunk president. Scary thought. Manny is a lot of things but as a politician he always was a lazy joke.

He'd be a figurehead for the smart guys in the room- who given the history of the Phillipines would proceed to rob the country blind behind his back & rely on the peoples goodwill not to turf him out.

Back