Fury vs Wilder Dec.19th Joined PPV FOX/ESPN

It’s apparently happening.

Wilder will be leaving on a stretcher.

Madness: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

He’s gonna come out with his domestic level trainer and just swing for the fences isn’t he?

And he’s going to be facing a Tyson Fury with another 8-10 weeks under SugarHill Steward... *Shudder* what could possibly go wrong?

My memory might be a little off but wasnt it just before the 3 fight deal was made Finkel was saying Wilder will get an even bigger offer than the DAZN one for AJ/Wilder in a year? this Fury stuff was obviously part of that strategy and boy has it fucked up royally.
I kept poking the Wilder fanboys that he might not get past Fury and that it could blow up in their faces, now it's come true.

Madness: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

He’s gonna come out with his domestic level trainer and just swing for the fences isn’t he?

And he’s going to be facing a Tyson Fury with another 8-10 weeks under SugarHill Steward... *Shudder* what could possibly go wrong?
He really needs a new trainer

Disappointed but not surprised.
I would say Wilder needs to get a new trainer but it wouldn't matter.
He won't close the skill gap between him and Fury by July no matter who trains him.
He'd have been better taking a bit of time out, get a nice pay day to step aside and allow Fury to fight Joshua - along with a guarantee he gets to fight the winner - heal up and go back to the drawing board with a team who can get actually teach something.

He really needs a new trainer

Yep. We’re in complete agreement there. But If he is indeed gonna be fighting Fury again in July what would even be the purpose?

He’s not gonna learn how to box off the back foot or Bob and weave between now and then.

My best guess is he and the rest of his brain trust say fuck the jab, fuck boxing him, and just have Deontay come out like a bat out of hell from the opening bell in hopes of catching Fury cold. Basically have Deontay try to be the best Deontay Wilder that he can be.

I just hope he doesn’t get seriously hurt... Cause I don’t for one second doubt that trainer of his would let him “go out on his shield,” lest he risk losing his mealticket. Fools. All of them...

But who knows, maybe he proves us all wrong.

Yep. We’re in complete agreement there. But If he is indeed gonna be fighting Fury again in July what would even be the purpose?

He’s not gonna learn how to box off the back foot or Bob and weave between now and then.

My best guess is he and the rest of his brain trust say fuck the jab, fuck boxing him, and just have Deontay come out like a bat out of hell from the opening bell in hopes of catching Fury cold. Basically have Deontay try to be the best Deontay Wilder that he can be.

I just hope he doesn’t get seriously hurt... Cause I don’t for one second doubt that trainer of his would let him “go out on his shield,” lest he risk losing his mealticket. Fools. All of them...

But who knows, maybe he proves us all wrong.
No you're definitely right...especially if he's immediately fighting Fury. If he had a year to just totally retool and rise like a prospect, then idk sure why not try it with a drastically different trainer or whatever

But in such short notice you can only accomplish so much

And he's 34 years old. Not sure how well his style ages...kinda hard to say because he has quick hands but he's not a combination puncher. So if he loses quickness then he won't be able to fully use the power against the true top guys

Anyone else struggling to get very excited about this?

Yes. It's a dumb fight. We know exactly what it looks like. Wilder always has the chance for a KO, but will be schooled for 96 percent of the fight. AJ vs Fury is way more interesting.

Wilder won 3 maybe 4 of the 19 rounds they've fought and that's mainly because of the 2 knockdowns.
I can't think of a trilogy where the first two have been more one sided.
Sure Wilder has a punchers chance but that's all he had for the first 2. Fury should do a Bowe, drop the WBC belt in a bin and fight Joshua. Old Trafford seems fine, it's only slightly smaller than Cardiff.

Wilder is no genius, he just knows one way: punch Fury into oblivion and get his belt back. He'll have a hard time dealing with defeat again but his career was still a great one.

Wilder ring walk will be him in just a G-string, keep those legs fresh.

Wilder should take a step back, take time off and learn his trade.

he has some great qualities but he needs to get back to boxing 101. Use a jab better, learn to fight on the inside better, brush up in his defense.

I don’t see him changing much for the next fight but Tyson is going to get better, legit KO Wilder.

some guys are just too dumb for their own good .. fury might just end wilder's career in the third fight and I'm not talking about knocking him out but rather an even more humiliating schooling and beat down

ERdETmiWsAA7IgX

So pointless. Fury outboxed him once, then beat the crap out of him. Is he supposed to ktfo of him to count?

Back