Fury vs. Pianeta, Frampton vs. Jackson - Picked Up By Showtime Aug.18th 4pm et

Fury can move again. Good shit.
Yeah was a good showing by Fury. He showed off his defensive abilities pretty well. I think Deontay is going to have all sorts of trouble finding Fury. He'll be looking for that one shot to turn the tide but that's gonna be really hard to land on Fury. Should be a really interesting cat and mouse fight. I think Tyson can beat Deontay and get a decisive points decision. Looks like the bookies have it as a fairly even 50/50 fight as well.

If Fury wants to win me over he needs to put it on someone and hurt them, especially when they're a sitting duck like Pianetta.

In some ways I hope Deontay knocks him the fk out, then I won't have to hear all this delusional crap when people say "He may just box but he's never lost doing it" wouldn't mind that crutch being taken away tbh.

He bores the crap out of me.

The fight with Deontay I am looking forward to though, simply because neither of them have ever fought anyone similar to each other before.

If Fury wants to win me over he needs to put it on someone and hurt them, especially when they're a sitting duck like Pianetta.

In some ways I hope Deontay knocks him the fk out, then I won't have to hear all this delusional crap when people say "He may just box but he's never lost doing it" wouldn't mind that crutch being taken away tbh.

The fight with Deontay I am looking forward to though, simply because neither of them have ever fought anyone similar to each other before.

Yeah Tyson Fury's style isn't that entertaining to watch but he's never been a big power puncher. The thing is he wins rounds and if you don't knock him out then he's going to beat you on points. He reminds me of Mayweather in that way. Floyd rarely stopped his opponents later in his career but he'd win rounds through being defensive and pot shotting. Tyson Fury uses the same approach.

Agree, 100%.

The myth of Fury being a great fighter is really boring and actually pissing me off now. I don’t like Wilder at all but I hope he destroys The Gypsy Fraud in a couple of rounds to shut all the bell end up.

Yeah Tyson Fury's style isn't that entertaining to watch but he's never been a big power puncher. The thing is he wins rounds and if you don't knock him out then he's going to beat you on points. He reminds me of Mayweather in that way. Floyd rarely stopped his opponents later in his career but he'd win rounds through being defensive and pot shotting. Tyson Fury uses the same approach.

I agree with this post and the one before. I was quite impressed with his movement yesterday. He seemed to also have really good stamina and output. As you said, he has NEVER been a big puncher. He wears people down with output, and by making them miss. He didn't land anything to powerful on Wlad, but if you watch the fight, Wlad looks tired as shit. His movement and style is mentally draining, as well as physically. He makes his opponents think a lot more than they are used to, since he moves much more than most HWs. He also is much bigger than a lot of fighters.

If Wilder goes in, throwing wild big shots, and ends up missing, he can tire himself out. It isn't like his fights have the most output/activity. They are usually very tactical, until an opening appears and a punch gets through. Even without Ortiz clocking Wilder, there were times he had to kind of circle around and was tired. And Ortiz didn't have all that much work rate himself. Fury is bigger than Ortiz, will be putting his weight on Wilder, and stifling his range/main power shots.

Moreover, Fury's body movement and ability to land short punches will be bad for Wilder, as he over commits. Fury's counters will be more effective, as Wilder will not see them coming, as they will be short, from weird angles, and thrown as Fury is circling/moving around Wilder.

I agree with this post and the one before. I was quite impressed with his movement yesterday. He seemed to also have really good stamina and output. As you said, he has NEVER been a big puncher. He wears people down with output, and by making them miss. He didn't land anything to powerful on Wlad, but if you watch the fight, Wlad looks tired as shit. His movement and style is mentally draining, as well as physically. He makes his opponents think a lot more than they are used to, since he moves much more than most HWs. He also is much bigger than a lot of fighters.

If Wilder goes in, throwing wild big shots, and ends up missing, he can tire himself out. It isn't like his fights have the most output/activity. They are usually very tactical, until an opening appears and a punch gets through. Even without Ortiz clocking Wilder, there were times he had to kind of circle around and was tired. And Ortiz didn't have all that much work rate himself. Fury is bigger than Ortiz, will be putting his weight on Wilder, and stifling his range/main power shots.

Moreover, Fury's body movement and ability to land short punches will be bad for Wilder, as he over commits. Fury's counters will be more effective, as Wilder will not see them coming, as they will be short, from weird angles, and thrown as Fury is circling/moving around Wilder.

Good post. His stamina and work rate are pretty good. He just did 10 rounds with a decent output and finished the fight with more left in the gas tank. I certainly think he can go further 2 rounds at that pace. I think he can tire Wilder out as Wilder will be the one who has to force the action and land the big bombs which are tiring to throw, especially if you miss which I think will be happening quite a lot vs. Fury.

The inside game is where Tyson would seem to have an edge and he can use his extra weight to lean on Wilder while peppering him with short shots. And he'll also have the advantage at range where he has a marginal reach advantage of 2" over Wilder. I can see Wilder taking a lot of jabs in this fight whilst struggling to land his own on the elusive Fury.

Good post. His stamina and work rate are pretty good. He just did 10 rounds with a decent output and finished the fight with more left in the gas tank. I certainly think he can go further 2 rounds at that pace. I think he can tire Wilder out as Wilder will be the one who has to force the action and land the big bombs which are tiring to throw, especially if you miss which I think will be happening quite a lot vs. Fury.

The inside game is where Tyson would seem to have an edge and he can use his extra weight to lean on Wilder while peppering him with short shots. And he'll also have the advantage at range where he has a marginal reach advantage of 2" over Wilder. I can see Wilder taking a lot of jabs in this fight whilst struggling to land his own on the elusive Fury.

yup. Also, Fury can close the distance really really well for such a big person. He is better at closing the distance than a lot of LHWs even. He just moves very well and coordinated for a big lanky goof. He can out jab Wilder. He has the reach, and likely a faster jab as well. Wilder's is more powerful and snappy of course. But Fury can throw a jab-feint, close the distance and start putting his weight on Wilder. I actually think he was specifically practicing that last night. There was like 2 rounds in a row where he basically stayed in Pianeta's chest, with his chin ducked, and did inside work. If he could do that vs Wilder, Wilder is fucked. I think he can, he just needs to have his confidence at its peak, and keep improving his condition.

I have only seen Wilder throw one good inside punch (hook or upper), and that was the uppercut he landed on Ortiz, as Ortiz was already crumbling. I guess he also did with the stoppage of Duhaupas, but that was sloppy as shit, and after he had his man beaten.

yup. Also, Fury can close the distance really really well for such a big person. He is better at closing the distance than a lot of LHWs even. He just moves very well and coordinated for a big lanky goof. He can out jab Wilder. He has the reach, and likely a faster jab as well. Wilder's is more powerful and snappy of course. But Fury can throw a jab-feint, close the distance and start putting his weight on Wilder. I actually think he was specifically practicing that last night. There was like 2 rounds in a row where he basically stayed in Pianeta's chest, with his chin ducked, and did inside work. If he could do that vs Wilder, Wilder is fucked. I think he can, he just needs to have his confidence at its peak, and keep improving his condition.

I have only seen Wilder throw one good inside punch (hook or upper), and that was the uppercut he landed on Ortiz, as Ortiz was already crumbling. I guess he also did with the stoppage of Duhaupas, but that was sloppy as shit, and after he had his man beaten.
Wilder is probably going to struggle with Fury’s jab.

I am going with Fury like i said about a year ago. To skilled. To long. To much movement

Wilder is probably going to struggle with Fury’s jab.

Indeed. After Fury's first comeback fight, I had a lot of concerns when they started talking Wilder. But I was impressed with his overall conditioning and movement yesterday. Now is as good a time as any, outside of right before his 3 year melt down, post Wlad fight.

This. Well kinda. His work rate is good too. It is a shame that we aren't really going to get knock outs with him but thats his approach to every fight. Good work rate and solid defence. The man is always moving.

I like the fight, because as @Boxer said. We've never seem them fight guys like each other.

I'm having a real hard time picking this aswell to be honest. I'd like to believe that Tyson can outbox him for the distance and I'll be rooting for Tyson. But he's not had the best preparation for this and Deontay has always managed to find home for that right hand.. but then Tyson is also the biggest rangeist guy Deontay has ever faced..

If odds go closer to 2 to 1 Tyson and he's the underdog I'll bet on him. But at almost evens now that doesn't seem likely. I think it's more likely Deontay lands a bomb.

Frampton is a joy to watch. Honestly, the dude is the tits.

He made himself a touch too available to be hit at times, but some of his combinations are very, very fine.

Right hook-Uppercut. I mean, yes, he was fighting a guy that didn't belong in the ring with him technically speaking, but he had a crowd enthralled sitting in the pissing rain.

Indeed. After Fury's first comeback fight, I had a lot of concerns when they started talking Wilder. But I was impressed with his overall conditioning and movement yesterday. Now is as good a time as any, outside of right before his 3 year melt down, post Wlad fight.
Im trying to keep the opponent level in mind, but Fury looked better than I expected. Mostly with his conditioning and movement as you said. Id have liked to see his hands fly more, but I suppose that doesnt help as much as a lengthy fight keeping the pace consistent.

Im still picking Wilder to melt him at some point, but Fury is going to make this fun imo.

Im trying to keep the opponent level in mind, but Fury looked better than I expected. Mostly with his conditioning and movement as you said. Id have liked to see his hands fly more, but I suppose that doesnt help as much as a lengthy fight keeping the pace consistent.

Im still picking Wilder to melt him at some point, but Fury is going to make this fun imo.

Yea, the level of competition really plays a part. Wish he would of had one more fight, vs someone like Jennings, Molina, or Szpilka. He does have 3 months tho, and seems to be pretty absorbed into this comeback role he has taken on. If he can get some really good sparring in, and peak his conditioning, we got a 50/50 fight in my opinion. I do NOT think Wilder can win a decision tho.

I am a big fan of both, so I am happy either way.. I think I like Fury more, because he is such a character, but I have also wanted to see him get absolutely blasted by someone, and watch his goofy body crumble. It was awesome when Cunningham put him down, but he wasn't out or crumbling by any means.

As long as the winner beats AJ.

Back