Fury talking about Wilder's power

He got up- a knockdown isn't a knockout. He beat the count, deal with it. Then he came back & gave Wilder a thrashing in the final rounds. Draw= fair enough, technically I think Fury won enough rounds to win the fight & bossed most of it, but 2 knockdowns is a strong showing.

Fury knows he's better off coming forward & keep Wilder busy as Wilder lacks the footwork & balance to launch his big shot well when he's going backwards. So it means constantly putting himself in Wilder's range but backing his movement & defense to just make Wilder miss enough. During he 2nd fight he seemed to have timed WIlder pretty well & could just shoulder roll the big shots.

He's always an engaging and interesting interview figure. Definitely a different sort of cat.

you are right, a knockdown isnt a knockout. but I was at that fight, and fury was in a bad way. props to him for getting back up, but this narrative of it was just a knockdown and fury actually was beating wilder the rest of the round is a bad look.

wilder clobbered him plain and simple. fury was very unhappy.

you are right, a knockdown isnt a knockout. but I was at that fight, and fury was in a bad way. props to him for getting back up, but this narrative of it was just a knockdown and fury actually was beating wilder the rest of the round is a bad look.

I would be unhappy if I got robbed of the decision like that too

i don't think you need to be physically present at the fight to see that fury did in fact fight back quite well after the second knockdown.

i was absolutely certain he was out when he hit the deck. i was saying "what the fuck is the ref counting for" out loud. he looked out. but he did get up and he did press forward and he did land a good shot on wilder.

after the fight he said he felt something in that final round, that he figured out he could put pressure on wilder and knock him out if they fought again. lo and behold, they fought again, he put pressure on wilder and he knocked him out. so, you know, we kinda have to take his word for it, at least.

Back