Fury offering 20% to Whyte "Lets see how much he wants a title shot"

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Whyte was an absolute bellend for rejecting the AJ rematch.

He's going to get messed about until he isnt relevant anymore.

Whyte was an absolute bellend for rejecting the AJ rematch.

He's going to get messed about until he isnt relevant anymore.
The WBC should have a mandated split for a mandatory fight. Is it 20%? If so Whyte is fucked. If not then Tyson gets stripped of his title.

The WBC should have a mandated split for a mandatory fight. Is it 20%? If so Whyte is fucked. If not then Tyson gets stripped of his title.

The problem is they’ve not actually mandated the fight, as far as I’m aware.

Hopefully it can be made. Whyte is clearly deserving of the fight and if he wins he can write his own cheques. He was an idiot for turning down the Joshua fight over a ‘measly £5m’.

fury needs to fight a decent opponent as well. He can’t get away with fighting the likes of Tom schwarzman now he holds the wbc strap. It will also generate a huge gate in Britain, and should sell pretty well. This is the obvious fight to make whilst the other 2 have their rematch

He was an idiot for turning down the Joshua fight over a ‘measly £5m’.
That fight could have changed his whole career from a contender to a gatekeeper. It was understandable that the 5 million euros was hardly enough for him to budge his stance on it.

It's not like the Wilder vs Joshua fight where Wilder turned down 50 million USD for a Joshua fight.

Just take the fight, it's still more than enough money.
Fury is being a bit stingy there with the money but how much are each of the fighters getting?

If 20% of the entire purse bag is only 5-10 million for Whyte, would he even budge?

Make it 33% and Whyte could though. Idk Fury's style seems like a nightmare for Whyte to do anything substantial against.

Just take the fight, it's still more than enough money.
And you have to win the big fights to command the A side. This guy just got starched not long ago and he's getting long in the tooth.

Lowball at 20%. Settle at 25-30%.

Whyte should get a minimum of 25%, and fuck Fury if he really tries to force less.
Depends on how much the purse and PPV buys are, because if by any chance the PPV buys for this fight is bad, how much is 25% of those sales?

Obviously Fury and Whyte are going to get a guaranteed purse, but if Whyte can turn down 5 million euros, how much money does he actually need in order for him to fight?

Unfortunately, this fight doesn't generate nowhere near as much hype as the Wilder fights.

Hell, Whyte is still considered Joshua's leftovers even up to this point.

Lowball at 20%. Settle at 25-30%.

Whyte should get a minimum of 25%, and fuck Fury if he really tries to force less.
He should be a mandated challenger soon. He can just wait for the stipulated minimum the way GGG did against Canelo. Fury has more options and can be trying to run the clock out on Whyte.

Depends on how much the purse and PPV buys are, because if by any chance the PPV buys for this fight is bad, how much is 25% of those sales?

Obviously Fury and Whyte are going to get a guaranteed purse, but if Whyte can turn down 5 million euros, how much money does he actually need in order for him to fight?

Unfortunately, this fight doesn't generate nowhere near as much hype as the Wilder fights.

Whyte doesn't have much bargaining power. He just got starched recently by a small HW.

Considering this is, in all likelihood, his last crack at the throne Im not sure hes got much room for hardball.

And ya, the sales wont be great. Or even good.

Whyte doesn't have much bargaining power. He just got starched recently by a small HW.
Which was a huge surprise to anyone who watched that fight. Ppl thought that the old dog Povetkin still had fight left in him.

Whyte avenged that loss in brutal fashion, but could the impressions have been set?

Whyte is a contender, but being champ seems unlikely for him.

Tbh though, he might have better chance against Usyk, maybe, unlike Tyson Fury whose speed and mobility in the ring ignores the limitations of his body's appearance.

Which was a huge surprise to anyone who watched that fight. Ppl thought that the old dog Povetkin still had fight left in him.

Whyte avenged that loss in brutal fashion, but could the impressions have been set?

Whyte is a contender, but being champ seems unlikely for him.

Tbh though, he might have better chance against Usyk, maybe, unlike Tyson Fury whose speed and mobility in the ring ignores the limitations of his body's appearance.
I just don't think he has much time or bargaining power. He's free to pick the best offer but he isn't in the position to dictate terms for a title fight. His ace in the hole is a mandatory so he needs to negotiate from that perspective.

cant wait to see how Fury thinks he is a seller in the UK, and Whyte for that matter

That fight could have changed his whole career from a contender to a gatekeeper. It was understandable that the 5 million euros was hardly enough for him to budge his stance on it.

It's not like the Wilder vs Joshua fight where Wilder turned down 50 million USD for a Joshua fight.

it was about 6m euros as it was reported as £5m ($7m ish)

and how can anyone defend him turning down a chance to fight for 3 of the 4 HW belts, because he was only getting £5m? Do you think Louis Ortiz earned anywhere near that for his 1st title fight with wilder. Or his 2nd one? Instead of (at worst) being knocked out by Joshua again, he got knocked out by old povetkin instead. I fuckin guarantee that he fully regrets not taking that fight

wilder and his team never wanted to fight Joshua! That’s plain to see

I just don't think he has much time or bargaining power. He's free to pick the best offer but he isn't in the position to dictate terms for a title fight. His ace in the hole is a mandatory so he needs to negotiate from that perspective.

He lost (put on hold) his mandatory status by suing the WBC for a higher stake of the prize.

Funny how not so long ago Fury claimed he doesn't care about the money. Now, how they cut the deal is their business, but 80/20 with Whyte is fucking hilarious and it makes him look greedy as fuck. Whyte is a huge name and considering Fury has the belts, 60/40 would absolutely be fair but I don't think it will end like that. I see them agreeing something like 66/33.

Funny how not so long ago Fury claimed he doesn't care about the money. Now, how they cut the deal is their business, but 80/20 with Whyte is fucking hilarious and it makes him look greedy as fuck. Whyte is a huge name and considering Fury has the belts, 60/40 would absolutely be fair but I don't think it will end like that. I see them agreeing something like 66/33.
My memory fails me but what was the WBC mandated split when GGG was the mandatory for Canelo? Was it higher because he was the interim champ?

Back