Fury is pulling Arums pants down

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

1. treelo

treelo //Do something here

No, what i did try and explain to you, was that i made a mistake, go ask your parents, they will be able to tell you all about that

2. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

He had 2 'exhibition' fights before wilder, after gaining 10 stone, developing a drink/drugs addiction, and hadn't fought a real opponent for 3 years. Id absolutely expect him to be better in the rematch (if it happens). there is a reason why wilder chased fury after his fight with Seferi

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  3. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Fury can be in better shape and move longer than in Dec 2018.

4. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Why would I believe a guy who's talked non stop rubbish for a year and a half. Why do I need to suddenly believe him? And Fury is about as honest as Trump.

I'm not going to single one out over the other because I don't trust what either of them say

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  5. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I don't think so. Fury gets hit and dropped a lot. Even when he's "in shape". He's going to get stopped and everyone will start to ask if weight loss really does effect your ability to take a shot. We already saw that Fury can't handle Wilder's power. Eventually, those Lazarus style comebacks aren't going to work.

borntoloseNOT likes this.
  6. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Didn't he come in heavier for one of those fights than he did for Wilder?

7. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Who openly turned down the rematch? Fury or Wilder?

The fact is, it is complete speculation to suggest Wilder doesnt want the rematch. Wilder was the one ready to go. Fury is the one who turned it down.

8. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

He more than likely came in heavier for both guys. Definately the Seferi fight as he was still fat(ish).

Its more the fact that he hadn't really fought a competitive fight since Wlad. I mean you don't forget how to box, its all there through muscle memory, but sparring is not fighting, and personally I would expect him to get sharper after a few competitve fights. that's not a given, but its quite likely

9. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I thought he's fought twice since Wilder for some reason. I know he was heavier against Schwarz than he was for Wilder.

10. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Sorry I thought you were talking prior to Wilder.

11. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

Its complete speculation that either guy wants the rematch, or that neither does. It depends who you want to believe. I dont believe either based on past shit spouted from them both

The WBC ordered the rematch, as title holder wilder had no choice. Furys team stated that they were not happy to let wilders team handle everything again due to the controversy of the 1st fight. I think that's fair enough considering most thought he was shafted
    However, if he is so desperate for the rematch, why was Ortiz already lined up before he even fought Breazeale? Is that a guy that wants the rematch and wants to put the controversy right? I don't believe either guy. I think Fury wants a title, will be happy with it, and will defend against mugs. I think Wilder only ever wanted to just defend his belt against whoever he can get away with. neither of these guys seem to have Joshua's ambition, but they can't be honest enough to say it!

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  12. PUO3

Lol youre seeing what you want to see. Fury openly turned it down. There is no hiding this or blaming it on Wilder. Fury is 110% entirely responsible for the immediate rematch not happening.

13. PUO3

I honest to god cant believe this is even a discussion. It wasnt “negotiations fell apart”. It was Fury outright saying he wasnt taking the immediate rematch and Arum saying they wanted to build it up.

14. ccm22

ccm22 Green Belt

If he can get himself in great shape it can only make him better. His recuperative powers and reactions should be improved, and his punch output should be higher. At least he’ll be capable of throwing more and recovering faster; whether he actually does throw more is up to him.

Tbh, I’m not too convinced we’ll ever see him in top shape. His heavier weight for the Schwartz fight makes me think he isn’t working as hard as he’d like us to believe.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  15. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

We’ll see. Fury got dropped by Cunningham because he acted like a fool. He was cautious against Wilder until he slowed down a bit and stayed in front of him. His not being in great shape back then was fairly obvious. Dunno if Wilder gets to land clean if Fury runs circles around him. He usually does, but Fury is a weird client. It’s a tossup to me. My point was that Fury’s chances against Wilder are much better than Ortiz’s, and I don’t see many reasons to say otherwise.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  16. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

And that’s exactly what you are doing as well. Like I said in my last post, it really depends who you ‘want’ to believe. I dont believe either due to previous nonsense that they’ve spouted.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  17. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

And at the time fury’s team said they were not happy to give everything over to wilders team like the first fight. He had no choice in the first fight, because he has no weight in the negotiations due to his inactivity. It doesn’t matter Whether that’s true or not, it is a valid reason, especially when the result was so controversial

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  18. PUO3

Bullshit. Im not making up the fact that Fury turned the fight down. Its undeniable. It really happened. If youd like the clips of him doing it let me know and Ill post them again.

don't quote me! likes this.
  19. PUO3

Bullshit again. Arum said they wanted to build it up. They werent saying no because of negotiations.

20. don't quote me!

don't quote me! White Belt

I think almost everyone knows this, apart from a stubborn few

Mauricio Sulaiman even admitted that Wilder personally told him, that he wanted to rematch Fury in the lead up to the WBC ordering the rematch, which Fury seemed to want at the time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    tehmvp likes this.