Fury is pulling Arums pants down

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:20 AM.

1. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Did Wilder turn down the immediate rematch or did Fury? That is all that needs to be said. This is absurd.

chiefwiggum likes this.
  2. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Blue Belt

Wilder haters are consistent.

3. GoldenAzazel

GoldenAzazel General Manager of PWD Platinum Member

Fury did to be fair. I'm not denying that at all. I'm just saying that Wilder and his team seem to lie too, so why trust either of them?

Fury also said that the match was signed for February back in July, then Finkel denied it. Just seems like both sides are playing games, and I'm not gonna single out either one.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  4. podsox

podsox Yellow Card Yellow Card

Fury fighting these cans has to be lowering his stock when it comes to negotiations for the rematch. Upper decks empty and nobody subscribing to espn+ to see him

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  5. PUO3

Playing promotional games isnt the same as flat out turning the fight down, which is what Fury did. Wilder is ready to go. Theres nothing to suggest that he doesnt want it. Given how Fury has conducted his business it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he had accepted and then again backed out of the deal.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  6. GoldenAzazel

You could also look at the situation slightly differently in that Fury was ready to go in February, but because they delayed the Ortiz rematch by almost a couple months to try and steal the shine of AJ v Ruiz 2, they're the ones postponing things now.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM
    Phillyz likes this.
  7. ccm22

ccm22 Green Belt

I thought the can crushing was an attempt to sell him as an exciting ko artist to casual fans. It might yet work. I know some guys who were mightily impressed with what he did to Schwartz.

8. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

Oh shit, again with the cursing.

I'm saying that you're making shit up in order to get attention, like the tabloid press. You're saying that Fury is forcing fights against lower level of competition, because he's playing Bob Arum... That's an untenable assertion.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 9:26 PM
    Athenry04 likes this.
  9. don't quote me!

don't quote me! White Belt

AJ vs Ruiz 2 being in saudi means it has no shine to steal to US boxing fans. AJ or ruiz couldn't move the needle in the US, in prime time, fans aren't paying to watch afternoon boxing and changing their schedule all of a sudden. Wilder and Ortiz might be delayed due to Spence/Porter, more likely

10. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

He said he wanted to fight Joshua when he didn’t actually intend to. He said the fury rematch was signed when it wasn’t. So why would I believe anything he says. They are both full of shit

george-oli and GoldenAzazel like this.
  11. GoldenAzazel

They moved the date before Saudi was announced. They just knew the fight was gonna be in November.

12. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Black Belt

I know fury’s team said that that were not prepared to give full control of the rematch to wilder, especially based on the controversy of the first fight. I don’t blame them to be honest

Both of these guys have been lining up fights outside of fighting each other. Wilder picked what he thought was a shot fury instead of fighting Joshua. Fury will almost certainly be better in the rematch. And fury nearly had his life ended in the 12th.

I don’t believe either of these guys will get back in the ring with each other unless they have to, or the money is just too good. And even then money wasn’t enough to get wilder in with Joshua, so who knows

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  13. GoldenAzazel

I honestly don't think either of them are seriously considering a rematch until they see what happens with the AJ v Ruiz 2 situation.

14. PUO3

Nonsense. Fury very openly turned down the rematch.

This is ludicrous.

15. PUO3

Wouldnt have been the first time Fury agreed to a fight and bailed would it?

This falls solely on his shoulders. Its truly incredible that anyone is trying to pass the blame on Wilder here. Whatever shit with AJ is entirely irrelevant. Were discussing the rematch with Fury which Fury very openly turned down.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  16. treelo

treelo //Do something here

No, im saying, i thought that it was a 3 fight deal, hence the reason i posted this thread.

And it appears there were a lot of 3 fight deals around that time being offered, Whyte's with Hearn, Fury with Heanr and Wilder who actually did sign a 3 fight deal.

So im not "making shit up just to get attention"

You have nearly 1000 posts in under a year, i would suggest it is you who craves attention kiddo

17. defjaam

defjaam Beltless

It seems as if you realized that you were talking nonsense. But instead of openly admitting it like an adult, you make this pathetic attempt to explain yourself. I give you one last shot though.

Btw: I suppose you meant to say Joshua with Hearn. He signed a 3 year deal, not a 3 fight deal.

I don't see how this is an indication for attention seeking. There are numerous members who post vastly more than I do, but it depends on the content. What you do is constantly make stuff up.
    You should have gone with a philosophical turn by stating that everyone who's alive looks for attention in one way or another... But even that wouldn't have covered up the fact that you made up stuff, trying to fabricate a dispute between Fury and Arum.

18. GoldenAzazel

Agreed that he's turned down the rematch. Ain't defending that at all. That's not my point.

19. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

eh, what can Fury really do differently in a Wilder rematch? Its Wilder who has the room to improve there. I don't believe Fury can do any better.
    I bet Wilder wins a rematch a lot easier than expected.

borntoloseNOT and tehmvp like this.
  20. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

1000 posts? Damn, get a life, bro.