1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

fury’s numerous cheating allegations

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by regmma123, Oct 12, 2021.

1. regmma123 Brown Belt

Can someone shed some light on this? I’ll admit I’m a boxing casual but there appears to be some controversy regarding Fury’s gloves in the past, that they were tampered with to create more impact when he landed. Also doping allegations and that he was banned for a period?

2. regmma123 Brown Belt

Let me preface that I cant stand cheaters period. I was happy when Stipe beat Cormier after those slow mo replays of DCs blatant eye flicks/ pokes so I have no bias here

also Margarito should have been banned for life from boxing period for what he did to cotto.. criminal charges as well

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Gandulf likes this.
  3. GT45 White Belt

Fury's gloves were larger than he expected in the first fight. That was the reason his left glove was flapping around.

4. Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

5. Seano Hands of bone

Whats this about the gloves? First I'm hearing about it.

6. Olenac12 Yellow Belt

Doping is a fact.

The gloves not so much, it's more so Wilder using his face to defend punches. Mix that method with below average IQ and you get Deontay.

randomg1t and george-oli like this.
  7. Athenry04 Red Belt

Sweet child of mine, wtf is this?

Speedy1 likes this.
  8. TheGreatA Gold Belt

Nobody made a big deal of it until Wilder lost to him.

cheesus likes this.
  9. ironfist05 Silver Belt

are we talking about the real ones or the ones that are just pure conspiracy mongering?

10. Seano Hands of bone

Real ones. Gloves and PEDs.

ironfist05 likes this.
  11. regmma123 Brown Belt

Allegations he manipulated the horse hair padding in his gloves to hit harder. His sparring partner called him out for it

12. Seano Hands of bone

I'm just being a goof because we discussed it like crazy just a few days ago. It is a sensitive topic to some.

13. Yoctogram Orange Belt

14. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

Sure, I can explain. When Tyson was in the depths of his depression and crippled with suicidal thoughts, he popped for elevated levels of Nandrolone out of competition. It was not for a fight and he did not fight for years after then anyways. He also denied any wrong doing and claimed it was contamination. Who knows what the real answer was, maybe during this desperate time he juiced or maybe it was contamination, but there is indeed some nuance to it. Even guys like Dillian Whyte have popped for 'tainted supplements', but you do not hear peep about it.

As far as the gloves, there was nothing ever conclusively proven to it and delusional butt hurt Wilder fans could not get over chubby Fury destroyed their hero 3 out of 3. There were also 'arm chair experts' that did not understand that a massive sized Fury Paffen horse hair glove looks different than smaller foam core gloves like Wilder's Everlast Powerlock, and owing to the size and composition Fury's Paffens had a floppy quality that Powerlocks do not have. This lunacy then begot 'glovegate', and it eventually cumulated in Wilder believing this nonsense too and switched away from his Everlast Powerlock on the eve of the trilogy fight and went with an Everlast MX horse hair glove tho he apparently hurt his hand before using this type of glove, and then karmically broke his right hand (only weapon he has) in the fight and turned himself into a 6'7 240 lb CTE piñata.

This vitriol around Tyson never existed like this until low life YouTube grifters like Dontae's Boxing and Ahki created copious amounts of racially charged click bait during the pandemic when ppl had nothing to do but surf the net and "glove gate" exploded. It was a perfect storm, really: no Covid lockdown, no race riots, no insanely charged politically climate and glovegate never gets as big as it does. You are already seeing these same people come out with the excuses already: count was too long so Wilder really won, Fury had an unfair advantage as he is used to bareknuckle boxing so using horse hair gloves is cheating, rabbit punches caused the knockdown, illegal headlocks, ref was corrupt, Wilder only lost cuz Fury cheated last time ---- these people are truly the most toxic group I have have ever seen in boxing and it is glorious seeing them cope.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  15. Seano Hands of bone

I honestly never noticed the glove thing until after the second fight. I don't see why it really matters when people mentioned it.

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  16. johndhi If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.

Damn gene dropping that knowledge

GeneTunney7 likes this.
  17. Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

I still maintain that it looked fishy but nothing conclusive has been proven.

18. Minowafanatic Red Belt

His sparring gloves were foam padding, not hair, but fight gloes were hair+foam

19. Kevster Green Belt

Wilder got smashed and rather than take his long like a man he cried like a bitch.

20. 12ga. Gold Belt

More like Wilder's big book of excuses. Costume too heavy. Spike water. Trainer betrayal. Biased officiating. Injury. Metal in furys gloves. Illegal gloves. Etc.

Look maybe it helps him get out there.... believe's he's the best and has to be a fluke or conspiracy why he lost. Probably also the reason he didn't shake fury's hand after the fight. ..just can't believe he lost to a better fighter. So I don't really blame Wilder it's his fanboys that are pathetic parroting this nonsense when they know better.

GeneTunney7 and george-oli like this.