fury’s numerous cheating allegations

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on this? I’ll admit I’m a boxing casual but there appears to be some controversy regarding Fury’s gloves in the past, that they were tampered with to create more impact when he landed. Also doping allegations and that he was banned for a period?

Let me preface that I cant stand cheaters period. I was happy when Stipe beat Cormier after those slow mo replays of DCs blatant eye flicks/ pokes so I have no bias here

also Margarito should have been banned for life from boxing period for what he did to cotto.. criminal charges as well

Last edited:
Fury's gloves were larger than he expected in the first fight. That was the reason his left glove was flapping around.

facepalm-gif-5.gif

Doping is a fact.

The gloves not so much, it's more so Wilder using his face to defend punches. Mix that method with below average IQ and you get Deontay.

are we talking about the real ones or the ones that are just pure conspiracy mongering?

Whats this about the gloves? First I'm hearing about it.
Allegations he manipulated the horse hair padding in his gloves to hit harder. His sparring partner called him out for it

Allegations he manipulated the horse hair padding in his gloves to hit harder. His sparring partner called him out for it
I'm just being a goof because we discussed it like crazy just a few days ago. It is a sensitive topic to some.

Sure, I can explain. When Tyson was in the depths of his depression and crippled with suicidal thoughts, he popped for elevated levels of Nandrolone out of competition. It was not for a fight and he did not fight for years after then anyways. He also denied any wrong doing and claimed it was contamination. Who knows what the real answer was, maybe during this desperate time he juiced or maybe it was contamination, but there is indeed some nuance to it. Even guys like Dillian Whyte have popped for 'tainted supplements', but you do not hear peep about it.

As far as the gloves, there was nothing ever conclusively proven to it and delusional butt hurt Wilder fans could not get over chubby Fury destroyed their hero 3 out of 3. There were also 'arm chair experts' that did not understand that a massive sized Fury Paffen horse hair glove looks different than smaller foam core gloves like Wilder's Everlast Powerlock, and owing to the size and composition Fury's Paffens had a floppy quality that Powerlocks do not have. This lunacy then begot 'glovegate', and it eventually cumulated in Wilder believing this nonsense too and switched away from his Everlast Powerlock on the eve of the trilogy fight and went with an Everlast MX horse hair glove tho he apparently hurt his hand before using this type of glove, and then karmically broke his right hand (only weapon he has) in the fight and turned himself into a 6'7 240 lb CTE piñata.

This vitriol around Tyson never existed like this until low life YouTube grifters like Dontae's Boxing and Ahki created copious amounts of racially charged click bait during the pandemic when ppl had nothing to do but surf the net and "glove gate" exploded. It was a perfect storm, really: no Covid lockdown, no race riots, no insanely charged politically climate and glovegate never gets as big as it does. You are already seeing these same people come out with the excuses already: count was too long so Wilder really won, Fury had an unfair advantage as he is used to bareknuckle boxing so using horse hair gloves is cheating, rabbit punches caused the knockdown, illegal headlocks, ref was corrupt, Wilder only lost cuz Fury cheated last time ---- these people are truly the most toxic group I have have ever seen in boxing and it is glorious seeing them cope.

cope.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, I can explain. When Tyson was in the depths of his depression and crippled with suicidal thoughts, he popped for elevated levels of Nandrolone out of competition. It was not for a fight and he did not fight for years after then anyways. He also denied any wrong doing and claimed it was contamination. Who knows what the real answer was, maybe during this desperate time he juiced or maybe it was contamination, but there is indeed some nuance to it. Even guys like Dillian Whyte have popped for 'tainted supplements', but you do not hear peep about it.

As far as the gloves, there was nothing ever conclusively proven to it and delusional butt hurt Wilder fans could not get over chubby Fury destroyed their hero 3 out of 3. There were also 'arm chair experts' that did not understand that a massive sized Fury Paffen horse hair glove looks different than smaller foam core gloves like Wilder's Everlast Powerlock, and owing to the size and composition Fury's Paffens had a floppy quality that Powerlocks do not have. This lunacy then begot 'glovegate', and it eventually cumulated in Wilder believing this nonsense too and switched away from his Everlast Powerlock on the eve of the trilogy fight and went with an Everlast MX horse hair glove tho he apparently hurt his hand before using this type of glove, and then karmically broke his right hand (only weapon he has) in the fight and turned himself into a 6'7 240 lb CTE piñata.

This vitriol around Tyson never existed like this until low life YouTube grifters like Dontae's Boxing and Ahki created copious amounts of racially charged click bait during the pandemic when ppl had nothing to do but surf the net and "glove gate" exploded. It was a perfect storm, really: no Covid lockdown and glovegate never gets as big. You are already seeing these same people come out with the excuses already: count was too long so Wilder really won, Fury had an unfair advantage as he is used to bareknuckle boxing, rabbit punches caused the knockdown, illegal headlocks, ref was corrupt, Wilder only lost cuz Fury cheated last time ---- these people are truly the most toxic group I have have ever seen in boxing and it is glorious seeing them cope.
I honestly never noticed the glove thing until after the second fight. I don't see why it really matters when people mentioned it.

I still maintain that it looked fishy but nothing conclusive has been proven.

His sparring gloves were foam padding, not hair, but fight gloes were hair+foam

More like Wilder's big book of excuses. Costume too heavy. Spike water. Trainer betrayal. Biased officiating. Injury. Metal in furys gloves. Illegal gloves. Etc.

Look maybe it helps him get out there.... believe's he's the best and has to be a fluke or conspiracy why he lost. Probably also the reason he didn't shake fury's hand after the fight. ..just can't believe he lost to a better fighter. So I don't really blame Wilder it's his fanboys that are pathetic parroting this nonsense when they know better.

Back