Funny Video: Professional Divorcee

Shaking my head at the caption:

"A girl can dream"

So the dream is to marry rich, get a divorce and half of the guy's stuff? What happened to feminism and female independence?

Well, considering the richest woman in the world got her money from a divorce I guess it's a proven game plan

hahah-gold-digger_o_134629.jpg

still wood the divorcee and get her to buy me stuff

Bitches be doing that shit for a long time, great career choice for em.

I don’t feel bad for the ex husband though.

That guy is rich.

“What do you do for a living?”

“Nothing. I divorced.”

She won at life.

she probably divorced some dumb rich dude who was not in her league

world smallest violin that some dumb rich asshole got housed by punani

It really shows how broken the divorce laws are when this is quickly becoming every little girls dream.

The laws were written to prevent men from abandoning their families and leaving them with no means of support. But that doesn't apply in so many cases today.

Here's how I would change the law:

1. For every year of marriage, the non-earning spouse will become entitled to 5% of the earning spouse's income if a divorce were to occur, up to a maximum of 50%.
So the girl in the op, if she divorced after 2 years, would get 10% of her ex's income as her spousal support.
But if she was married for 10+ years she would get 50% of his income.

2. Once the divorce occurs, then the process reverses itself. For every year that passes after the divorce, the spousal support is reduced by 5%.

So if they were married for 10+ years she would get 50% of his income for the first year after the divorce. But the second year she would only get 45%. The third year she'd only get 40%, and so on, until she eventually gets nothing.

This would prevent gold diggers from being set for life after only a year or two of marriage.

It would also prevent men abandoning their wives into poverty, as the women would have plenty of time to adjust their lifestyle and/or replace the income through their own work and become self sufficient.

It would also prevent men from killing their wives, which is an unfortunate side effect of the unfair divorce laws. Some men feel like there's no way they can ever succeed in life after a divorce because the woman is taking half his money for the rest of their lives. If he's already unstable or depressed, which is likely after a divorce, you don't want to push him over the edge.

But under my plan, the man can see that he's making progress every year and will soon be free of his past mistakes.

No grown adult who is capable of working and providing for themselves should be able to make an entire living leaching off of someone else's hard earned money. Unless of course the other party is okay with providing, but it shouldn't be mandatory.

Devils advocate. How do you he wasn’t some hardworking nerd who worked his way up from the gutter and was thrilled that an attractive girl loved him?

Nothing you are saying is contradicting what I said at all.

If you get married for anything besides real mutual love then I have no pity on you.

Also, look at this woman... come on, we know exactly what she is.

Back