Funny Story...

anaconda

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@Gold
Reaction score
So two nights ago I had a dream where I met and then trained with Andre Galvao. It was really strange, since I havent had bjj dreams since I first started training. I woke thinking "Well that was cool, too bad I'll never meet him."

The next morning, as I get in my car to go to work my instructor text messages me "Hey bro, andre galvao seminar tonight. Starts at 7 pm and fee 75." Haha imagine my surprise!

Anyway so I did the seminar, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to roll with him :( He did roll with a few guys, and he had a lot of fun with them too.

I was a bit annoyed though since a couple of the guys he rolled with just turtled up and tried to defend. Seriously, WTF? The guy can literally tap you out within 5 seconds at any time. Just MOVE! But anyway, thats my story. Not a bad seminar at all, except it was very fast paced and we didnt get much chance to try out the moves. Overall well worth it.

did you tell Andre you dreamt about him the night before? because I want a picture of his face when you tell him.

Otherwise that is a pretty wierd and kind of funny story.

don't lie, you have this dream every night and it was bound to come true one day.

did you tell Andre you dreamt about him the night before? because I want a picture of his face when you tell him.

Otherwise that is a pretty wierd and kind of funny story.

haha I didnt have the balls to tell him. He would probably just look at me like an idiot and then proceed to submit me repeatedly.

but if he submitted you repeatedly you would be rolling with him..see its your fault you didn't roll with him lol.

That's funny when guys roll with world class talent and turtle up and defend, when in reality they are defending nothing. Like turtling is going to prolong anything, he can tap you 80 ways in turtle and just as many in other positions so why not work out a little..silly.

Like when I rolled with Draculino, I was trying electric chairs...jumping to triangle..kimuras...gogo...everything...

None of it worked worth a damn....but it was fun as hell.

That's funny when guys roll with world class talent and turtle up and defend, when in reality they are defending nothing. Like turtling is going to prolong anything, he can tap you 80 ways in turtle and just as many in other positions so why not work out a little..silly.

Like when I rolled with Draculino, I was trying electric chairs...jumping to triangle..kimuras...gogo...everything...

I was rolling with my instructor last night and getting owned like usual, so I tried a flying armbar. It didn't work out like I planned.

I've never had a bjj dream either. Last night, though, I dreamt that I got a tattoo of a heart that said "retard control" inside of it. The funny thing is that I don't even know what retard control looks like, or any of Bravo's style stuff. Later in the dream, I really regretted it and my girlfriend left me because it wasn't her name in the tattoo.

Lamest dream ever.

i agree that you should have told him, just to see the look on his face. i also agree that when rolling with talent so far above your head you should just go for broke and have some fun.

i had a bjj dream once. it was right before the 2006 gracie united. i dreamt that ralph made me go against all the guys in my division before i got the gold. the weird part is that the way the bracket got ran, that's what happened. there were three other guys in my division and they all got bi's in one way or another till they fought me. the only difference between that and my dream was in the dream there were like 8 guys.

exactly! I was annoyed (and more than a little jealous) by those guys.

but if he submitted you repeatedly you would be rolling with him..see its your fault you didn't roll with him lol.

hmm true...I should have thought of that before.

i agree that you should have told him, just to see the look on his face. i also agree that when rolling with talent so far above your head you should just go for broke and have some fun.

i had a bjj dream once. it was right before the 2006 gracie united. i dreamt that ralph made me go against all the guys in my division before i got the gold. the weird part is that the way the bracket got ran, that's what happened. there were three other guys in my division and they all got bi's in one way or another till they fought me. the only difference between that and my dream was in the dream there were like 8 guys.

hahaha thats badass. Did you beat them in the dream too?

People who lucid dream frequently use it as a form of visualization. I think that having already "beaten everyone before" in your division might have helped you lol.

i know why the guys turtled up

they been watching the 20 recent videos of galvao breakdancing on peoples backs, and they probobly wanted to have galvao do it to them to to brag about it lol..

cuz thats what i would do, in 10 years tell people how back in the day galvao made me his personal medicine ball

Andre Galvao was in town???

Man I miss everything.

Where does Galvao train at now? In the States? He was in VA? DAMN

Where is "Reston" V.A. Who is your instructor/gym

Back