Funniest Moments At Jiu-Jitsu.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Sean-Roberts, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Sean-Roberts

Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

So awhile back we got a new student kinda weird gothic looking guy with about a pound of gel in his hair that he molded down over one eye. So during the warm-ups he keeps on going to the corner of the mat to adjust his pants. About 5 minutes later he leaves to the dressing room and comes back to join the warm-ups again. So the whole class starts doing sit-ups and I saw something shiny out of the corner of my eye and it was coming from the weird new guy. So i walk over there and see what it is and he is using his Gothic spiked/studded belt to hold up his pants. Good thing we were not doing upa escapes.

Another time one guy walks in and wants to bring up an issue to the instructor. His issue is that he does not this he should start as a white belt because of his backround in wrestling. He said everyplace he walked into said he has to start as a whitebelt and he refused to wear a whitebelt. So our instructor told him if he would be willing to go against one of the students to see how good he really was. So my instructor Brad Jackson knew I already knew what was going on and that I was pretty much foaming from the mouth to go against the guy. So to make a long story short I got picked and the guy was trying all these crazy finger locks and even tried to phyically grab my head and twist off my head with some sort of "Ninja Neck Break" while I was in mount choking the shit of him. He also tried to sneak in some eye pokes while he was in a triangle. So my instuctor was talking to him and telling him that he would need to start as a whitebelt and the guy confessed that he was a "backyard wrestler"

Anyone got and good stories?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. ShindoNinja

ShindoNinja faixa marrom

Did the backyard wrestler ever come back? What belt were you at the time.

We've also had a few tough guy, wanna be MMA guys come through the door but then call it quits when they don't do well right away.

My son and his friend started training with me. They were frustrated bc they felt like rolling with anyone more experienced than them was pointless. I told them they learn what NOT to do int he beginning. THere is no winning for the, SO after class last week, my son and his friend want to level the playing field. So my son suggest that I have to hold onto my belt with both handle while we grapple. We started a 2 minute round and I triangle choked him with 30 seconds left. He did better than his friend... I had 50 seconds left after tapping him with a triangle too. I was funny because they were shocked.

3. Sean-Roberts

Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

Lol never saw his face again. I was a blue belt back when that happened.

4. Matt Hilton

Matt Hilton Amateur Fighter

Who can blame him. He would have had a tough time making friends after that whole display, and people would probably go a little harder when rolling with him.

5. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

That is hilarious.

I know my brazilian coach has said some funny stuff, but I can't think of an exact moment off the top of my head.

6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Orange Belt

People farting always tends to make me laugh. No matter how old I get it will always be funny. Especially when they're stepping across someone or their ass is in someone's face. Priceless. We call those "Natural chokes"

The tough guys with the chips on their shoulders are always the best though. I have a ton of stories like that. We even had a guy who did a "home evaluation" of his skills based off of what he learned off of youtube. He figured he was fairly average and picked the belt in the middle......purple. Yep, he showed up rockin' the purple belt. He quickly learned that purple does not mean average as he was submitted by every single white belt he rolled with that night. After class our instructors had a "promotion" ceremony for him and presented him with his white belt. Surprisingly enough he stuck around and now has a real purple belt. He even makes jokes about it to this day. Class act.

7. thecheezman

thecheezman White Belt

alot of farts happen at my gym. once this blue belt and purple belt were rolling, theyre good friends out of the gym and messing around having fun. well the purple belt got the blues back and was working a collar choke. he had to adjust to sink in the choke and the blue belt was struggling to escape and just kept on farting everytime he exerted energy to get out of the choke, it must have been about 5-6 farts in a 10 second period. pretty funny

8. Janilane

Janilane Guest

So, did you still watch youtube videos after you were presented the 'white belt'? :icon_lol:

Just kidding, that's funny though... :)

9. Rws177die

Rws177die Yellow Belt

Some guy came into our gym saying he has a black belt under the style of Chuck Norris. A brown belt submitted him about 10x in 6min and I never saw the guy again.

10. sleeps anywhere

sleeps anywhere Yellow Belt

This past month, some dude was trying to pass someone else's guard and his trouser drawstring came undone. There he was, working the pass with his pants progressively falling and exposing his plaid boxers. He DID NOT stop until he had side control.

And thus we have the drawer pass.

11. BIGthingsSON

BIGthingsSON Blue Belt

One day I was rolling with my instructor and said, " It's like your allergic to my guard, every time I regain your like achoo what is that , guard, ok lets pass." He stopped the roll to laugh..... I was gassed out my mind so I didn't mind.

12. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Orange Belt

Yeah. I've learned a lot from this guy named Ari Bolden. Ever heard of him? He really knows his stuff.:icon_lol:

13. newbjj

newbjj White Belt

We had Bad boy come in to our gym (always wore bad boy supertight shorts,)
    He just wanted to smash people when he was put against the big guys 110kg + he still went hard and got demolisheed.
    The coach told him to settle down , he didnt get the hint , he didnt last very long, because what goes around comes around

14. bjornvil

bjornvil Blue Belt

I was showing my training partner the baseball choke from guard one time after class. He had never seen it nor been caught in it before so he didn't know what to expect.

He passed my guard and I put on the choke by rolling on my stomach. He didn't tap after a few seconds so I asked him if it wasn't tight... he didn't reply and when I let go he just slid off my back like a sack of potatoes :icon_lol:

When he woke up he told me he didn't understand why I was giving my back to him when he passed my guard, then he didn't remember anything more :D

15. Connoisseur

Connoisseur Purple Belt

I tend to fart alot during warmups and rolling... I have no clue why, maybe it's just from jolting everything around in my stomach area/ using my core muscles alot, but it's always comical and enjoyable when I fart as i'm passing guard/ slapping on a triangle/ getting put in a body lock with a guy on my back.

It's probably because I always drink a protein shake 30 min before I go to jits.

16. futang17

futang17 Green Belt

my professor was demostrating a move from guard when a drop of sweat from the person on top dropped directly in his eye... he just yelled out "hang on, hold up, give me a minute" and then continued like nothing happened, i don't know it was kinda of gross but at the same time him continuing like nothing happened was funny as hell

17. ozyabbas

ozyabbas Purple Belt

One of the instructors at my gym is hilarious and the fact that he sounds like Tony Montana (Al Pacino in Scarface) makes everything he says funny.

A few days ago, 2 white belts were sparring and one got to the north south position. The guy on the bottom bumped him forward and locked the guys torso with his legs. It looked like the 69 position. The guy on the bottom released the top guy before someone took a picture.

18. Janilane

Janilane Guest

LMAO! :icon_chee

19. redaxe

redaxe Silver Belt

Did he look like this?:

[​IMG]