Funky: Lord Lobov stinks, not even an average mixed martial artist

He was still very entertaining and most of his losses are close.

And he was good enough to beat a world champion boxer. It was not a boxing match or anything but that is still pretty good. I think he can handle any boxer as long as its not a straight gloved pro boxing match. Even then I think it would be competitive like Conor and Floyd.

Forget MMA vs. Boxing, this is GOAT vs. Combat Sports and we all know who is coming out on top.

While his record is not the greatest, standing at 13-15. Not great, but he's not like a dude just collecting a pay day. He has only been finished twice in the 15 losses he has. You've got to respect that, it's not easy to do in MMA. He is a tough guy but not quite entertaining enough.

lol at fluke dad bod ben talking shit about anyone. i hope jorge ktfos him

People need to lay off Artem. He's just a guy who likes to compete despite the fact that he doesn't have the physical tools to succeed on the elite level. Can't hate that.

Artem fans are bored Conor fans who are killing time by rooting for Artem until Conor comes back. There is no greater coat tail rider than Artem Lobov.

Paulie is like 8-10 years past his prime and even in his prime he lost the majority of his most important fights.

atleast Askern can finish and win an MMA ...

Artem's record would have been so much better if he went to Asia and fought cans.

“I get that Paulie retired, but he was a world champion. Now Artem, I went back to his record to make sure he was as bad as I remember him being. The fact is he’s as bad as I remember him being. He stinks. And this wasn’t like he did MMA and had great standup but struggled on the ground, or always got taken down. Or had great hands but couldn’t deal with the kicks. It wasn’t anything like that. It was like he was a very average mixed martial artist. Average, that might even be getting a little too much.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/bare-knuckle...s-to-artem-lobovs-win-over-paulie-malignaggi/

images
whoah, you were doing good right up till the end. No, its that boxers are only good at boxing, traditional boxing. Bareknuckle boxing might as well be called something totally different. I predicted this before the fight, that the intangibles may prove to be very significant even though the technical skill gap, boxingwise, was ridiculous. No, boxers are very good at boxing. If it had been normal boxing with normal gloves, I think it would have been very very ugly for Artem. What this basically proved, in my opinion, is the level to which boxing is different from real fighting. The gulf is much greater than any boxing fan is ready to accept.

whoah, you were doing good right up till the end. No, its that boxers are only good at boxing, traditional boxing. Bareknuckle boxing might as well be called something totally different. I predicted this before the fight, that the intangibles may prove to be very significant even though the technical skill gap, boxingwise, was ridiculous. No, boxers are very good at boxing. If it had been normal boxing with normal gloves, I think it would have been very very ugly for Artem. What this basically proved, in my opinion, is the level to which boxing is different from real fighting. The gulf is much greater than any boxing fan is ready to accept.
As someone who watched almost all of Artem's fights, as they happened or soon after during his career before the UFC and having an understanding of his level of competition,he's right.He wasn't fighting the best guys but he was fighting the best guys around pretty much his whole career which is why I stood up for him back when everyone shit on a .500 fighter getting into TUF because he had a lot to offer his team in training and experience.Not a big fan or ever care,but he's an entertaining fighter that didn't take an easy road and he gets kudos in my book for that.Most noobs here don't actually watch fights and seem to spend more time studying fight finder,pretty sad tbh.Not on the stupid Artem bandwagon but I have always appreciated him as a fighter.
Yeah, same here. I've enjoyed playing along with the whole goat thing because the seeming randomness of it struck me as comical, but I've been impressed with Artem's toughness since the first time I saw him and never understood the negativity. I love his attitude.

Back