Funky Ben's Spring/Summer Schedule

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So we all know that Ben Askren survived the most Ruthless of attacks from Robbie Lawler - ex-UFC champ and ex-most violent man in the world - and ended up with a controversial finish... But he has the chance for true combat sport greatness in the coming months. First up is Beat the Streets vs. Jordan Burroughs on May 6. https://www.btsny.org/news_article/show/1011591
No chance he wins, but it's a super fun match up and for a great cause. After that, it's Funky Ben vs. the current most violent WW; Jorge Masvidal on July 6. The winner of that will likely be next in line for a title shot against the winner of Usman/Covington. Who else in the UFC is as funky as Ben Askren?
D1ziP-DXQAIlEyr.jpg

None as funky. Love Askren and hope he wears gold one day.
War Ben!

If you have to ask you'll never understand...
I'm one of those people.

What makes him funky?

Is this the right adjective?

I like him and especially now in this division but I'm not seeing funk. What's funky? Has the word new meaning?

My god

He gets absolutely roasted in the replies

So we all know that Ben Askren survived the most Ruthless of attacks from Robbie Lawler - ex-UFC champ and ex-most violent man in the world - and ended up with a controversial finish... But he has the chance for true combat sport greatness in the coming months. First up is Beat the Streets vs. Jordan Burroughs on May 6. https://www.btsny.org/news_article/show/1011591
No chance he wins, but it's a super fun match up and for a great cause. After that, it's Funky Ben vs. the current most violent WW; Jorge Masvidal on July 6. The winner of that will likely be next in line for a title shot against the winner of Usman/Covington. Who else in the UFC is as funky as Ben Askren?
D1ziP-DXQAIlEyr.jpg
Robbie is lucky it wasn't a street fight , the American Nightmare would've killed him.
I look forward to his ppv and champ reign

The new face of MMA

I'm one of those people.

What makes him funky?

Is this the right adjective?

I like him and especially now in this division but I'm not seeing funk. What's funky? Has the word new meaning?
It's just his unique wrestling style. I'm no expert, but even I watch enough collegiate wrestling to understand his style is totally unorthodox. Plus, his hair...
ac-olympics-is_askren.jpg

My god

He gets absolutely roasted in the replies

Dildo kept claiming Ben was a nobody on Ariel's show recently, yet continued to bring him up time after time. He acted like Ben was scared to grapple him at beat the streets... when in fact, Ben took a much tougher matchup with JB.. making Danis look silly again. Askren murks him in MMA anyways...

It's just his unique wrestling style. I'm no expert, but even I watch enough collegiate wrestling to understand his style is totally unorthodox. Plus, his hair...
ac-olympics-is_askren.jpg
He loved the Gramby roll which I did too. His hair is Parliament enough. I just want to know if he can play that funky music in MMA

Kind of funny (in a good way) to see Askren fans finally on this site. For years, the vast majority of sherdoggers (that knew who he was which of course would necessitate watching MMA outside of the UFC) spent their time shitting on him for not fighting in the UFC without having any clue of the backstory preventing him from being there in the first place.

Myself and a handful of other members here were hardcore fans and were hoping he could make it to the UFC. When he retired, I figured, well that's it.

And yet here he is.

And Dillon Danis calling him out? Heh, Askren would drop him on his head worse than Lawler tried to do against him.

Askren gonna bring white funkyness and cringe to the already HEAVY cringe Welterweight division.

giphy.gif

Gotta admit. Its been fun so far having Askren in the UFC.

That Funk stanks like the rest of that division. The only hope that division has is Anthony Pettis (highly unlikely) or Jorge Masvidal (questionably likely). Wonderboy is now a Wondergirl and we all know Darren Till was never really good.

D1ziP-DXQAIlEyr.jpg

What is it , with these askren fans..

Lmao

I dont get it..must be a dad bod thing..

Or

You guys use to be highschool wrestlers..we all know how strong that fraternity is

Back