fundamental boxing/footwork > Dominick's wasteful herky jerky bs and terrible punching technique

To be fair Cruz isn't Jardine, there is a more skill there(if anything he reminds me more of Chuck with less power but a lot more speed) but still I would agree there has always been a relative lack of solid boxing fundamentals.

The problem he has now as well is that his game is actually quite narrow, at least Dillashaw can fight in a number of different ways but really Cruz really just has plan A.

Honestly it was after the second round i realized that Cruz has Zero power. He can NEVER beat Garbrandt with the strategy that he uses. he can't do any damage to a fighter like garbrandt at all.

I think he looked pretty good towards the end of the WEC/Early UFC. Looked pretty lost out there last night which I've never really seen. Never was a fan btw.

It's Mighty Mouse or DJ.

It's never "Trius."

You have been warned.

He can't fight if you don't run after him. Dude was lost whenever Cody didn't chase him, gets knocked down 50 times and still throws his arms up when cody decides to back up a bit.

I wanted him to win but I think his style is horrible to look at.

He looks like a special needs kid got drunk and decided to jump on a trampoline

Jesus christ, no he hasn't
And the scorecards were wonky. He lost 4 rounds, but even with the bad scorecards he was a round away from a draw.
Who fights like him?you sound irrational at this point in time.

I think he looked pretty good towards the end of the WEC/Early UFC. Looked pretty lost out there last night which I've never really seen. Never was a fan btw.
that's cause he was fighting guys that punched like this:

rs62d3.gif
k7OIlux.gif

there's been legit NO talent at the BW division until very recently

Say what you want about cruz, his style is his own, so much so he could say hes created a new fighting system.

To break it down he was one round away from winning.
I don't think he was anywhere close to winning. he was one round from DRAWING with him. Cruz effectively got dominated. He even got knocked down 3 times in a round, Losing a 10-8 in round 4.

that's cause he was fighting guys that punched like this:

rs62d3.gif
k7OIlux.gif

there's been legit NO talent at the BW division until very recently
I meant more like his movement and technique. He always swung wild but he had some solid fundamentals to back it up. Last night it seems like all he did was swing wild punctuated by his dancing which didn't look quite the same.

Itd a good style, cruz just got outplayef this time. And as far as his movement its though sure alot of it is qaste if energy but cruz has plenty, also it could be used to get into a rythm.
Cody was just to smart fast a änd precise. Not like tj that threw looping hooks from a mile away.

Itd a good style, cruz just got outplayef this time. And as far as his movement its though sure alot of it is qaste if energy but cruz has plenty, also it could be used to get into a rythm.
Cody was just to smart fast a änd precise. Not like tj that threw looping hooks from a mile away.
see that's where reach/height plays such a big role. Even Dom said that Cody controlled the range better than him

TJ had to strike wildly from outside to lunge and close distance, because if he didn't he would be sitting at the tail end of Dominick's range and be slightly out of his own, because he's signicantly shorter.

I like Cruz, but he stated that he wasnt one dimensional, all he does is that same bullshit, skipptiy feet and drunken swinging punches. You knew he wasnt knocking Cody out, and that wouldve been his only way of winning that fight.

Say what you want about cruz, his style is his own, so much so he could say hes created a new fighting system.

No he wasnt. Even if he won one more round it would have been a draw, 4th round was 10-8 for Cody

He's an anamoly. That approach shouldn't work as it's slops and wastes so much energy with all that wasted movement. But somehow it does work form him mostly. But tonight showed what good, efficient boxing footwork, distance and timing can do against that erratic style.

Cody had as all fooled. Everyone knew he could hit hard and probably had solid boxing skills ( based off his boxing record). But I doubt anyone outside of his camp knew he could be that slick.

To break it down, it should have been 49-45 or 48-46 at worst.

Back