Fun to watch yes, but everything else about him is extremely annoying!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by true_fan, Jan 22, 2020.

1. true_fan

true_fan Red Belt

The guy is in it for the money and he expressed it so many times( regardless of what his fans say) . He trashed talk Khabib and his family and religion and then got destroyed and still tweets some bs that he won the war. He lost to Nate who is the slowest striker in the division, yet his fans think he is the best striker. He was toyed with vs Floyd yet his fans think he did very good. He has rape allegations against him, he drinks and punches older people sucker punch and out of control loud mouth and can’t hang with the best( Khabib showed the levels). When are u going to face reality that this Conor guy is a hype job?
    Best strikers don’t get slapped around

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let these sink in a little!

2. ConorFacts

ConorFacts Yellow Card Yellow Card

Khabib is super boring

Cracker666, Vegeta and chrisdiaz like this.
  3. MIKOM

MIKOM Blue Belt

Tell that to Aldo.

cmw43, Cracker666, OmegaRugal and 3 others like this.
  4. ZOD66

ZOD66 Double Yellow Card

Goddamit men even I, who hate alcohol, not hating Conor this much Show some respect to his stand up fighting style and fighting IQ

5. AmericanMMA

AmericanMMA Yellow Card Yellow Card

He knows how to sell wolf tickets. Ali like.

true_fan likes this.
  6. Bobble Head

Bobble Head White Belt

i get what you mean, but the point about his striking being flawed cause he got beat by Nate is off base. He was absolutely DEMOLISHING Nate in both fights in the stand up until he gassed. It was endurance/stamina issues, not striking skill issues. He was dropping him left and right, made Nate look pedestrian on the feet (just like Masvidal), with the only difference being Masvidal being able to keep up the pace beyond the first round and continue the beating throughout the fight.

Conor’s fans make it hard to like the guy, but his haters balance it out in my opinion. He falls somewhere in the middle in my eyes.

Cracker666 and Ironnik94 like this.
  7. King Joffery

King Joffery Brown Belt

If you still don't consider Conor one of the best strikers then you know nothing about striking.

Khabib only had the courage to stand with a very tired Conor and still was getting tooled and gave up and started attempting takedowns again.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Cracker666 and CerebralKnievel like this.
  8. koquerelle

koquerelle Silver Belt

Someone needs a hug.

MrDoctor and Vegeta like this.
  9. Herwald

Herwald Brown Belt

Those allegations are what's turning me off. But I also don't wanna comment on them cause, if they are false, it's some of the worst shit to be alleged for.

Punching the old guy was uncool, too, and throwing the dolly - while entertainig in theory - caused Ray Borg, a guy who's personal life is already a sad nightmare, get scattered glass in his eye. So a shit move. But these kind of things can be amended, if no one's permanently injured.

Talking trash means nothing to me - it's all entertaining at best, meaningless at worst. Khabib needs to grow a thicker skin. And being in it for the money? It's a fucking business.

Ironnik94 and CerebralKnievel like this.
  10. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

People on both sides of the personal feeling spectrum concerning Conor are completely deluded, without a doubt. The fact is that Khabib spent 2 rounds draining Conor with takedown attempts and top control positioning before he actually obliged him with standup (much like DC did to Silva). This doesn't need to be interpreted as a criticism. It simply happened.

11. Seanster999

Seanster999 White Belt

im seeing a lot of mctapper nut-huggers attempting to defend their child

true_fan likes this.
  12. Do you got a life of your own ?

Silent Liker and Lawblaw like this.
  13. Seanster999

Seanster999 White Belt

el tappo

shankmcgank and true_fan like this.
  14. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Gold Belt

Riveting contribution.

15. Shr3dd3r

Shr3dd3r Orange Belt

I
    I don't think he's a hype job at all. I think the guy is really good. Maybe not as good as his fans make him out to be, but he is definitely elite.
    Unfortunately, the guy is a complete dipshit motherfucker.

true_fan, chidera and Bud Rosezack like this.
  16. Seanster999

Seanster999 White Belt

*insert riveting contribution to conversation that has used all talking points , to those who think a sherdog forum is for the intellectually superior*

17. mmadeewana

mmadeewana Orange Belt

I think its stupid to talk about someones race,ethnicity,religion and family just for a fight. He doesnt need to grow a thicker skin,if anybody disrespects our family on the streets even we are gonna hurt them wont we?

true_fan likes this.
  18. Terpizzle

Terpizzle Green Belt

What they do outside the cage is of little consequence, they are entertainers, not role models

19. chidera

chidera White Belt

This is more or less how I feel. I think he's a great fighter -- in the ring...! -- and never in a boring fight. I don't think he's "as good as his fans make him out to be", however, and he seems to be a genuinely horrible person. He's not the worst, but he's not at all a likable person in my book.

Whatever it is I think of him, though, both he and the UFC win....cuz I'll always tune in to watch him fight....although I can't stand the aftermath whenever he wins. :-|

20. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

He is a good fighter no doubt but can he do it against the top guys at LW? I don’t care about the talk or looking good against top 15 fighters. I want to know if he can hang with the proven contenders at LW.

true_fan and Brandon Wilson like this.