Fun Project - All-Time Heavy Weight Championship

Tyson fought Holyfield AFTER a three year layoff in prison, a suicide attempt prior, and "marriage" to that gold-digger Robin Givens, an alliance with Don King, and getting rid of his original trainers, that kept him disciplined and sharp. Two weeks before the fight with Buster Douglass, he was in Japan seen in a limo with about a dozen Japanese whores. Of course THAT Mike Tyson lost to Holyfield, but the Tyson of 1985-90 would have destroyed himwithin 8.

And the idea that he couldn't handle bigger heavyweights??? Pu-lease! He Ko'd WITH EASE many fighters larger than him, including some good ones. Its just that no matter the size or skill level of the fighter before him, the onslaught that Tyson brought was simply too much for ANYONE to deal with. Every fighter was always on the defensive. Tyson was never backed up--he was always moving forward, bringing the fists of fury. Joe Louis would have had NO DEFENSE againsta 25 yr old Tyson. He was TROUBLE for ANYONE on the list, I'm sorry. I am not caught up in nostalgia and the "glory days" prism that often blinds people from seeing what is OBVIOUS. In his day, Tyson would have wrecked everyone on that list. Sooner or later they would have gotten caught.

Watch the HL video I posted--Tyson knocked people out, and half way across the ring with HALF-PUNCHES, or with just the leverage of his forearm!

Its his job to be ready to go on fight night. If he's hanging around whores and not training, thats on him. The fact that he NEEDS other people to keep him motivated and disciplined says alot about his mental strength.

Tyson was dangerous for a very short time period, but the best of all time? C'mon.

i agree with the fianl match and think FOREMAN WINS THE TOURNAMENT!!! by decision lewis to damn thoug to get ko

I agree Tyson was dangerous for a "short time, like 5-7 years. Yes he needed the right people around him because he grew up in the typical broken home and DID NOT HAVE the skills or upbringing to put it all together for a NORMAL LIFE. But as far as boxing was concerned, I am not saying he was the greatest pure technical boxer, but that he was unstoppable, relentless and amazingly powerful. No one could do anything with him or to him. He was simply a Juggernaut, and he would have stepped over the Ko'd bodies of that list, except maybe Ali, who could run for 15 rounds.

Like I said, I have watched since 1970, and I saw the great crop of HW fighters from that time to now, and there were MANY great ones in the 70s, and early 80s, but I never saw anyone like the Prime Mike Tyson. It didn't matter how "sweet" you were at the sweet science, he was too strong, too fast, not easy to hit, to outbox him. He just pummeled everyone.

Anyway, we'll never REALLY know, but I do believe people have forgotten how dominant and ferocious this kid was. He was a KILLER.

About tyson beating foreman:mike said himself in an interview when asked if hed fight George foreman and said hed never fight him. Something about george being a wolf in sheeps clothing, hell make you think your winning then knock you out or something to that effect.

I agree Tyson was dangerous for a "short time, like 5-7 years. Yes he needed the right people around him because he grew up in the typical broken home and DID NOT HAVE the skills or upbringing to put it all together for a NORMAL LIFE. But as far as boxing was concerned, I am not saying he was the greatest pure technical boxer, but that he was unstoppable, relentless and amazingly powerful. No one could do anything with him or to him. He was simply a Juggernaut, and he would have stepped over the Ko'd bodies of that list, except maybe Ali, who could run for 15 rounds.

Like I said, I have watched since 1970, and I saw the great crop of HW fighters from that time to now, and there were MANY great ones in the 70s, and early 80s, but I never saw anyone like the Prime Mike Tyson. It didn't matter how "sweet" you were at the sweet science, he was too strong, too fast, not easy to hit, to outbox him. He just pummeled everyone.

Anyway, we'll never REALLY know, but I do believe people have forgotten how dominant and ferocious this kid was. He was a KILLER.

Lots of boxers have gone through that without self-destructing like Tyson did.

Tyson wouldnt be able to do to Foreman what he did to Spinks, an aging Holmes or any of the rest of his "opponents' in that short window of time that you call his peak.

Damn, I missed alot of crap.
can someone explain to me how Ali does not win this tournament?

Ali should win it, due to the comp he faced.

I don't see LL beating him, maybe larry holmes, or Joe Louis, but not even them.

mschatz, I know others have gone through similar things and did not implode, but Tyson did implode. He was surrounded by gold-digger sleazebags that took advantage of him in every way. Tyson made an unbelievable amount of money, yet when Don King was through with him, he was broke and owed the IRS money! Hello! Robin Givens? 3 years in jail? Partying instead of training? The list goes on and on. That only explains why he lost and became a one dimensional fighter.

But while he was on top, I don't see people stopping his assault.

Back