Fun goldy moments

Sometimes I get nostalgic and miss Goldie a little.

Then I watch a Bellator card and I'm reminded of just how terrible he is.
he and big john are horrible.
dont miss the creepy goldy rape stare either.

but big john and his self proclaimed infinite mma knowledge of all the rules is toxic.
there was a soccer kick ko recently, he convinced everyone around it was LEGAL when it was not.
guy had a hand down. which is down "unless new rules where you need 2 hands"
this dumb mf said because the fighters knee and foot were off the ground at the time it was legal.
what about the hand you ask?
well there are only 2 points of contact with the gound so that hand is basically a foot here and he is standing. "his actual logic"

I liked Goldie and I think he was actually perfect for the UFC at the time. He was the definition of a "casual" and often asked or said things that a total new person to the sport would ask or say. People could relate to his ignorance in a way.

But as the UFC grew I think they had to move on . You don't see an NFL or NBA guy calling a game who seems clueless about the sport.

I hated Goldie when I was a immature casual but now I undertand how great he was.

Goldie was a great goofy foil.
Goldie mistakes and funny blunders and bullshit was not only funny but it made the other commentator ( joe 90% of the time) look way better than he actualy was.

Goldie is a likable teamplayer but you need to take a set back to appreciate his work

Sometimes I get nostalgic and miss Goldie a little.

Then I watch a Bellator card and I'm reminded of just how terrible he is.

He is terrible. But Jon anik is barely better. Barely. Some people like mauro ranallo but I also find him extremely annoying.

I liked Goldie. He was accidentally hilarious. And he was also human. Anik is the opposite of human, he wore a suit to school and went to "sports presenter" class.

“Taking a book out of his chapter”
“He smells the opening”
“Little Eagle flies again!”

You guys suck. Goldie brought the energy in a way that Anik cutting a promo while yelling out of his chest never could.

Seriously. Anik seems lifeless in comparison to Mike

Agreed. I seriously wonder what kind of dirt Anik must have on UFC execs that makes them keep him around. He sounds like an unenthusiastic robot in his commentary and interviews. He barely even shows facial expression.

Goldie was goofy at times, and he made a lot of mistakes, but I at least got the sense that he wanted to be there and he cared.

Rogan: “His corner is giving him instructions in two languages.”
Goldberg: “HE UNDERSTANDS THEM BOTH!”

“I’m Mike Goldman”

“The Ultimate Defining... Challenge...”

I liked Goldie. He was accidentally hilarious. And he was also human. Anik is the opposite of human, he wore a suit to school and went to "sports presenter" class.

Nailed it! I was trying to think of why I liked Goldie and this is a huge reason why. He seemed genuine. He made mistakes and laughed at them and he didn't seem to take it so seriously. Now you have all these professionals who are just cookie cutter templates of each other. I don't even know who they are other than robots made in a sports media college.

Back