FUN FACT : THE GOAT HAS THE LONGEST ACTIVE WINNING STREAK .

he should retire for 5 more years, and fight BJ Penn when he come back to beat all the records.
A little grease can go a long way

when you are that great you don't cheat by rubbing your body with Vaseline buddy.

Boring as hell, did fight like was afraid to get hurt... Most of his fights were forgetable to say the least.
Jon Fitch was the number 2 of that division... Dude was forrest griffin of wrestling... And Thiago Alves lose twice to Forrest Griffin of wrestling, so his division wasn't deep or talented... Hendricks was a great fighter tough but he barely won that one.
If that dude is goat... Men i wonder if you close your eyes during the exciting epic mma fights that go down over the years.

b3fgUFR.png

I disagree. Fedor, Aldo, and Anderson beat and finished way more well rounded fighters than GSP.

27, 18, 17 > 13

Levels.
Nice work shifting the goalposts. A finish is not inherently more valuable than any other dominant win.

And (without wanting to diminish the greatness of Aldo, Anderson and Fedor who are all great themselves) every one of the alternatives to GSP was finished badly and more than once at the end of their runs. GSP’s streak is still going.

Longest active winning streak??? Khabib is on a 26 win streak, 13 more then GSP. When he beats Conor he will have tied Fedor.

Do GSP fans ever get off his nuts? Like doesn't your asshole hurt from sitting on his dick all day?

Hasnt lost a fight sicne 2007 and has won 13 straight . Why is there still any doubt that GSP is the MMA GOAT ?
View attachment 429711
I agree GSP is the Goat but those stats are fudged. He was inactive for 4 years so you can't say in good conscious that he is undefeated for 10 years when he did not fight 4 of those.

His other stats are all impressive and I agree elevate him to the GOAT status.
13 straight wins,
WW and MW titles.
Avenged all his losses.
Most amount of top 10 wins?? (Might be tied with Silva on that one and JJ) someone needs to confirm.

1 cherry picked fight in five years and he dropped his belt immediately. Doesn't have a fight scheduled and doesn't look like he will any time soon.

I guess as long as he's alive he can say he's not retired and "active" but if someone is calling GSP the goat it shouldn't be because "his active winstreak" lol.

A "Cherry picked" fight against the best version of Bisping we have ever seen on his career best winning streak who is also much bigger in an unfamiliar weightclass after being out for over 4 years and as far as I can tell was the betting underdog in every major sports book.

That's some pretty foolish sounding "cherry picking", lol.

Jon Jones never lost in 24 fights

GSP tapped to strikes against Matt Serra
Jones lost to steroids and drugs.. he got tapped out by life. If we are going by never losing.. Khabib hasn't lost in 26 fights and has never been popped for drugs or steroids.

A "Cherry picked" fight against the best version of Bisping we have ever seen on his career best winning streak who is also much bigger in an unfamiliar weightclass after being out for over 4 years and as far as I can tell was the betting underdog in every major sports book.

That's some pretty foolish sounding "cherry picking", lol.

My post was a hyperbole but it is true. The best version of Bisping is still just Bisping. Beating Bisping is very impressive but we both know its a lot different than beating Whittaker, Rockhold, Yoel, or anyone else at the top of that division.

My post was a hyperbole but it is true. The best version of Bisping is still just Bisping. Beating Bisping is very impressive but we both know its a lot different than beating Whittaker, Rockhold, Yoel, or anyone else at the top of that division.

Well Bisping actually did beat Rockhold and GSP might be able to hold his own with Robert though I wouldn't pick him to win.

Didn't pick him to beat Bisping either but hoped he would. Bisping was a horrible match up for a guy not known for punching power on the feet. Sonnen and Rashad both struggled with taking and keeping Bisping down, he's a durable guy, insane cardio and a high paced volume striker, not a great match up for Georges at all, especially when you take the sie difference and lay off into account.

Everyone is saying in hindsight "Oh he just beat Bisping" But really who but the best of the best have beaten Bisping? The Gastelum fight really made this win look bad being so quick and visious but Bisping never should have been allowed to take that fight 2 weeks after getting badly rocked and choked unconsious, I still don't know how he actually got cleared for that fight to be honest.

But yeah, Yoel would be a nightmare for sure.

That's neat and all but let's be honest. Johny beat the piss out of him. He got a W in an MMA fight technically.....but in reality he got the fuck kicked out of him in a fight.

You talking about the Gus fight right? Where Jon had 2 of his cornermens draggin him outside the octagon because he couldnt walk by himself. Must be the PEDs painkillers running off.

In my opinion he's the GOAT. 2 division champ, avenged both losses, that win streak, and never pissed hot. There is no real GOAT though, it's all matter of opinion. Some say Fedor, some say Anderson, some say JBJ, some say GSP. IMO it's GSP, but I can respect the argument for the other 3.

Back