Fun Fact : GSP landed way more strikes in Fitch fight than Woodley did in his last 2 fights combined

Starts talking about Khabib and colitis at 15 minute mark. Does it sound to you like GSP wants any piece of Khabib?

Did you even listen to what he said? Apparently you didn't if you think he said he has debilitating colitis and he doesn't want any part of Khabib.

What he actually said was that his colitis is under control, and he'd be ready to go by early 2019. Also said that Khabib is pretty much the only fight he'd be interested in as he's not interested in being a contender, climbing the ladder etc. Said he doesn't really have the fire to keep grinding out fight after fight, and he goes through phases of wanting to compete and not wanting to compete.

Did you even listen to what he said? Apparently you didn't if you think he said he has debilitating colitis and he doesn't want any part of Khabib.

What he actually said was that his colitis is under control, and he'd be ready to go by early 2019. Also said that Khabib is pretty much the only fight he'd be interested in as he's not interested in being a contender, climbing the ladder etc. Said he doesn't really have the fire to keep grinding out fight after fight, and he goes through phases of wanting to compete and not wanting to compete.
He said he's closer to retirement than anything. More time goes by more he will retire he said. Talked about his other business ventures and hes already set for life and "beat the game." I agree. The problem is he won't retire. Dropping in for opportunistic money fights doesnt improve his legacy. Retirement improves his legacy. And I can dial back 1 month for another Ariel interview about his colitis. GSP needs to retire, he's not fighting Khabib, I'm not hating. Just speaking unbiased truth, as always.

Starts talking about Khabib and colitis at 15 minute mark. Does it sound to you like GSP wants any piece of Khabib?

I think you need to rewatch and listen more carefully, he says it’s a fight he wants possibly, but talked about not knowing if he would be cleared to fight when George is ready to fight again and if the ufc would let him take the fight without being a contender first etc etc.

Something more interesting is his talking about MW and IF he does it AGAIN he will do it different.

So he might be thinking Whitaker at 85 or maybe even DC at LHW.

But he is not shying away from the Kahib fight in that, just saying he doesn’t know if UFC will let him have it.

But also said he might not ever fight again, the more time passes he wants to stay retired.

Says he doesn’t like all the drama in the sport now too.

But says he thinks he will be ready to fight early 2019, but the colitis is what will decide the most.

Cause gsp was a point fighter, like wonderboy.. Where as woodley is a power counter puncher , who tries to ko his opponent. Gsp was always high volume low power.

People who say GSP was a boring fighter irritate me greatly. Off the top of my head, the boring fights he had that I didn't enjoy watching were the Alves, Hardy, and Diaz fights and every single one of those was better than any Woodley fight that goes past the second round (except for the Marquardt fight, for obvious reasons). He simply does not get enough credit for how active he was standing up with his jab and lead leg high kick and he was not simply a LnP stall machine, his GnP was vicious. Oh, and he was alright at the wrestling thing too. He has a vast body of work to check out, I recommend people hit up Fightpass and reacquaint themselves with it. For some of the newer fans, they'll be shocked at his finishes of Sherk, Hughes, Hieron, and BJ.

Awesome fighter top to bottom and for my money the true P4P GOAT.

*cue the "Hendricks was robbed!!!!!" mob*

The amount of "hey guys dont forget what GSP did 5 years ago" threads are bizarre.

GSP land patty strikes, he could land thousand on a fit fighter and that won't make a difference
it's a point game that he play perfctly

GSP is a shook one...forever. Fitch got knocked out by Hendrix.

Woodley landed 57 strikes against maia while scoring one knockdown and landed 54 strikes against Wonderboy(2) while scoring a takedown and a knockdown in the other side GSP landed 210 strikes against Fitch while dropping him 3 times and taking him down 7 seven times . Just the facts nothing else .

Also another fun fact : This is my first thread since july 5th
5hY6pt1.gif

so what both champs are boring and point fighting is still all about winning.

Back