Fun Fact : GSP landed way more strikes in Fitch fight than Woodley did in his last 2 fights combined

Damn, the Ban Hammer hit a few sherbros in that thread ...

tumblr_n4p5rcbnlj1somk22o1_400.gif

He did beat top competition before GSP retired, Koscheck, Condit, DHK, and Gastelum and was one win away from a title shot in a fight that could have gone either way with Shields.

Those are extremely difficult match ups and ones that GSP has never faced. GSP never faced a grappler on Maia's level ever and he never fought a karate striker on Wonderboy's level that has great TDD either.
When woodley fought Koscheck he was already played out, and didn’t do much for his ranking.

It was Kos’s 3rd loss in a row on his way to a 6 loss streak.

It wasn’t the same kos gsp fought. He was on a 5 fight win streak the first time they fought then won 3 more in a row before losing to gsp again.
Then best Hughes and pierce before his fall off loosing streak before fighting woodley at the end of his career.

Which was the same night as GSP’s last fight at WW.

So he fought Koscheck, when both were on losing streaks and was the better of the two losers at the time, on gsp’s Last WW fight.

Condit was also on a losing streak when woodley beat him.

Then lost to Rory, so he wins 2 fights in a row, vs two competitors on losing streaks.

First fight not against someone on a losing streak he loses. BADDLEY

Then beats dhk(oh wow!)and then Gastelum who was the first fighter he beat on a decent run

Then woodley takes the belt from Robbie in the twilight of his career that was full of wars

So no, woodley was there when gsp was but wasn’t impressive and never earned a shot till the old gaurd got old and he started fighting guys on losing streaks

He was on a 16 fights win Streak (8 in the UFC) before facing Georges.

14-3-1 UFC record = sucks ?!?!

View attachment 475335

Try watching the fights.

You won't because they're hideously boring and Fitch was overly exploitative of the former rule set that heavily favored 'Octagon Control'.

FFS, Chris Wilson gave him a hard fight. I'll give Fitch one thing though, he possessed an innate ability to beat the shit out of Thiago Alves.

Other than that, he mostly stalled his way to that record you're boasting; context is really key.

1. No. Instead he got smoked by a non entity in Marquardt, and beat up by GSP lite in Rory.

2. Woodley was a gate keeper until GSP left. He's taking GSPs sloppy 2nds. Koscheck 2.0

3. Robbie did have a career resurgence. And his style was tailor made for Woodley. He was going to stand there and trade bombs. Not to mention the fact that he'd gone through about 7 straight wars up to the time he fought Woodley during that resurgence. It was only a matter of time before his chin failed him.

4. GSP would merk Maia. Pull your head out of your ass. 1 trick pony. Woodley was deathly afraid to engage Maia in any way, and had the worst title defence performance in WW history, maybe even UFC history. Which leads to point 5.........

5. According to Matt Serra, Woodley was offered the GSP fight, then had that garbage performance against Maia, so Daddy Dana told him to go fuck himself and offered the fight to Bisping.

Woodley was never good enough to get to a title shot when GSP was running roughshod over the division. He was fighting int the bush leagues, and had his first good win of his career (over a shot Koscheck) the same night GSP retired.
If you follow the timeline, gsp and his team tell Dana they want to come and get the MW title.
Rockhold is champ
Gsp needs time to enter the testing pool, and flush out the alien roids that blew him up to LHW size before he gets in the pool.
Bisping beats Rockhold.
Gsp in pool, alien roids flushes out, shrinks to MW size.
Bisping GSP fight gets traction and looking good.
Bisping talks about injuries, needs time.
Dana talks gsp into woodley fight first
Dana tells bisping defend against Whitaker.
Bisping injures still, hears gsp might fight woodley , pissed at possibility of losing his red panty night finally
Gsp attends woodley Maia
Woodley Maia worst title fight in ufc history almost tied with Anderson Maia(Maia is also the reason gsp doesn’t fight Anderson prior. Fuck Maia)
Dana gets pissed and in press conference GSP Woodley is now off teh books, no red panty night for you biatch

Bisping injuries miraculously cured and pushes hard for GSP fight.

Aliens read talks on sherdog, fearful they might be right if bisping being too big and durable for George.

Not wanting to lose money they can’t cover to Jabba AGAIN like after the Serra KO, they abduct GSP , and fill him full of so much shit it would fill a turkey baster.

Gsp Blasts Bisping and the heavy sauce rots his guts, and burn holes in his intestines.

Loses weight all the way down to LW size, which is where we are at today.

Clean of alien sauce, at a natty 155 size, is pushing to fight the undefeated 28-0 Bear Killer Khabib.

Why doesn't GSP fight Woodley and take back his crown, aren't they the same age? He can't beat Woodley, what will affect his legacy is that he never tried.

Why doesn't GSP fight Woodley and take back his crown, aren't they the same age?
So, you want George to fight at WW, for his 13th belt in the class vs a boring barely hanging on WW champ that couldn’t draw a PPV to save his life.

Instead of another belt in a new weightclass vs an UNDEFEATED champ??

Why???

<{MindBrown}>

So, you want George to fight at WW, for his 13th belt in the class vs a boring barely hanging on WW champ that couldn’t draw a PPV to save his life.

Instead of another belt in a new weightclass vs an UNDEFEATED champ??

Why???

<{MindBrown}>
If GSP came back to fight Woodley right now on a massive winning streak to see who is the WW King and what will be GSP's GOAT legacy you don't think that fight sells over 800k? I do. I'd buy the fuck out of it. All of Canada would. Everyone would. Probably break a million if you add another title fight.

If GSP came back to fight Woodley right now on a massive winning streak to see who is the WW King and what will be GSP's GOAT legacy you don't think that fight sells over 800k? I do. I'd buy the fuck out of it. All of Canada would. Everyone would. Probably break a million if you add another title fight.
No, woodleys not on a massive winning streak for one, unless you consider DRAWS and SPLIT decisions in the mix.

Gsp vs woodley doesn’t bring anything into to the mix except for GSP.

He brings all the draw woodley adds nothing.

With Khabibs win over Conor he adds some draw to the mix.

And is UNDEFEATED, I’m sure more people tune in to see if he can stay undefeated or if gsp can be the one to give him his FIRST LOSS.

Khabib> Woodley

No, woodleys not on a massive winning streak for one, unless you consider DRAWS and SPLIT decisions in the mix.

Gsp vs woodley doesn’t bring anything into to the mix except for GSP.

He brings all the draw woodley adds nothing.

With Khabibs win over Conor he adds some draw to the mix.

And is UNDEFEATED, I’m sure more people tune in to see if he can stay undefeated or if gsp can be the one to give him his FIRST LOSS.

Khabib> Woodley
But no way in hell GSP fights Khabib either... he wanted winner of Khabib/ Conor. Khabib wins dominantly. Monday on Ariel show GSP now has debilitating colitis again. GSP vs either is great, but GSP cherry-picks like no other GOAT candidate. I think for longtime hardcores GSP vs Woodley is a lot more enticing than GSP vs a young killer LW. If GSP wins, (yeah right), Khabib is a LW. If Khabib wins, GSP is old. GSP vs Woodley are two longest reigning WW champs same age facing off with no excuses. (Assuming Woodley been champ longer than Hughes at this point?)

Try watching the fights.

You won't because they're hideously boring and Fitch was overly exploitative of the former rule set that heavily favored 'Octagon Control'.

FFS, Chris Wilson gave him a hard fight. I'll give Fitch one thing though, he possessed an innate ability to beat the shit out of Thiago Alves.

Other than that, he mostly stalled his way to that record you're boasting; context is really key.
I always liked Fitch
I think he's still a top 25 WW today !
IMG_20171119_001014.png

I can't Wait to see him Vs RoryMac next year

But no way in hell GSP fights Khabib either... he wanted winner of Khabib/ Conor. Khabib wins dominantly. Monday on Ariel show GSP now has debilitating colitis again. GSP vs either is great, but GSP cherry-picks like no other GOAT candidate. I think for longtime hardcores GSP vs Woodley is a lot more enticing than GSP vs a young killer LW. If GSP wins, (yeah right), Khabib is a LW. If Khabib wins, GSP is old. GSP vs Woodley are two longest reigning WW champs facing off with no excuses. (Assuming Woodley been champ longer than Hughes at this point?)
Link?
Went through 4 PAGES of google results and nothing NEW on his colitis?

Its only because Woodley finished Till. In finishing Till he proved he was so superior that Till couldnt last the entire 25 mins.

GSP was great but he wasnt dynamic enough to finish high level guys. So the amount of "rounds won" or "strikes landed" means very little to me.

Link?
Went through 4 PAGES of google results and nothing NEW on his colitis?
Starts talking about Khabib and colitis at 15 minute mark. Does it sound to you like GSP wants any piece of Khabib?

I always liked Fitch
I think he's still a top 25 WW today !
View attachment 475379

I can't Wait to see him Vs RoryMac next year
Fitch on a better streak than Woodley at the moment

Possibility he’d beat him today, and def would have if he fought woodley in stead of George on the night they fought.

If Fitch somehow beats Rory, not only would gsp have wins over woodleys loses but so would fucking Fitch

LOL!!

<6>

Back