Fun Fact: Cody is the hardest hitting dude Cruz has recently faced

Cool man, buy into totally unproven hype. I'm not saying he doesn't have power, but I need to see him knock out somebody noteworthy before I buy into it.

By your logic Lineker hasn't KOd anybody noteworthy...so he doesnt have TRUE KO power. ...which is insane; borderline No True Scotsman. It could very well be that the higher ups have a better ability to take the shot or avoid them completely. That says nothing about his POWER.
Remember not only did Nate Diaz have an extraordinary chin, he rolled well with the punches like he usually does, lessening many of McGregor's power shots.

By your logic Lineker hasn't KOd anybody noteworthy...so he doesnt have TRUE KO power. ...which is insane; borderline No True Scotsman. It could very well be that the higher ups have a better ability to take the shot or avoid them completely. That says nothing about his POWER.
Remember not only did Nate Diaz have an extraordinary chin, he rolled well with the punches like he usually does, lessening many of McGregor's power shots.
Lineker has knocked out Macdonald which is way better than anything Cody has done, Cody hasn't even KO'd somebody who has had a ranked win in the last 2 or 3 years. He's KO'd an unproven prospect and a shot Mizugaki, he couldn't knock out Henry Briones.

Lineker has knocked out Macdonald which is way better than anything Cody has done, Cody hasn't even KO'd somebody who has had a ranked win in the last 2 or 3 years. He's KO'd an unproven prospect and a shot Mizugaki, he couldn't knock out Henry Briones.

You're cherry picking.
Lineker failed to knock out several Brazilian cans on his way to the UFC. And once in the UFC he couldn't knock out a few people either. But that's not what makes him shine...like, Garbrandt, the sheer effect on their opponents is what makes their power known.

You also picked out ONE opponent of Garbrandt in his ten fight win streak of NINE knockouts.

The notion that until these fighters face a "worthy" opponent, they don't show true power is contrived and stupid. Certain fighters might have better chins or avoid their big shots from time to time...or, as in the case of Cruz, avoid the shots completely.

You're cherry picking.
Lineker failed to knock out several Brazilian cans on his way to the UFC. And once in the UFC he couldn't knock out a few people either. But that's not what makes him shine...like, Garbrandt, the sheer effect on their opponents is what makes their power known.

You also picked out ONE opponent of Garbrandt in his ten fight win streak of NINE knockouts.

The notion that until these fighters face a "worthy" opponent, they don't show true power is contrived and stupid. Certain fighters might have better chins or avoid their big shots from time to time...or, as in the case of Cruz, avoid the shots completely.
Cody hasn't knocked out anybody noteworthy, I won't believe he's some devastating puncher until I see it, just my opinion man no need to get so rustled.

I stopped when you said Cody has better boxing and hand speed. Cody ain't got shit. He's like Mike Perry. Poor boxing and poor hand speed. you must not know anything about boxing anyway.
Youre wrong on both points.

Cody has great speed and power, but the boxing he actually uses in his fights mostly consists of wild hooks and haymakers.

Youre wrong on both points.
Hahahah omg I've forgot more about boxing than you'll ever know. Cruz's boxing is better than Cody's. Cody has some holes he needs to tune before he can ever think he's on Dom's level.

Hahahah omg I've forgot more about boxing than you'll ever know. Cruz's boxing is better than Cody's. Cody has some holes he needs to tune before he can ever think he's on Dom's level.
You probably dont know shit about boxing lol. Cruz's boxing is pretty shit he just hops around the octagon the whole fight and avoids exchanges, if he actually stood in the pocket with guys he would have been stopped a long time ago.

You probably dont know shit about boxing lol. Cruz's boxing is pretty shit he just hops around the octagon the whole fight and avoids exchanges, if he actually stood in the pocket with guys he would have been stopped a long time ago.
Being a good boxer has nothing to do with standing in the pocket. what a dumbass. I started karate at 5 years old, later transitioned to boxing at 7 then started wrestling a year after I started boxing. that was a long time ago son. Cruz's boxing is crisp whereas Cody is flat footed, swings wildly, and leaves openings. Cruz can knock him out I guarantee it. it'll be a long night for Cody, just watch.

Cruz having good boxing is a myth, he lacks basic boxing fundamentals and is there to be hit at all times. He just doesnt get hit because he spends 90% of the time backing up and avoid any possible exhange.
ExhaustedLongLabradorretriever.gif

^Lack of striking defense, only able to get away with it because he is moving backwards. Once he faces a guy that can actually cut the octagon off and corner him with good boxing footwork he will get stopped. His division just lacks any good boxers and i think cody might finally be the guy.

It doesn't matter if Cody hits as hard as rumble if you can't hit what you're aiming at. Cruz is too squirley. Best bet is attack his knees with side KICKS.

Cruz having good boxing is a myth, he lacks basic boxing fundamentals and is there to be hit at all times. He just doesnt get hit because he spends 90% of the time backing up and avoid any possible exhange.
ExhaustedLongLabradorretriever.gif

^Lack of striking defense, only able to get away with it because he is moving backwards. Once he faces a guy that can actually cut the octagon off and corner him with good boxing footwork he will get stopped. His division just lacks any good boxers and i think cody might finally be the guy.
That GIF proves nothing my friend. Cruz's boxing is crisp. not only that but he has crazy good footwork. that's his style. it's like the Floyd Mayweather style in MMA. He's the master at it. take a look at the Cruz vs Faber 3 and you'll reconsider. Cruz schooled Faber the whole fight. let's not forget though that Cruz came back from over a year away in the Dillashaw fight. He looked excellent in the 3rd fight with Faber.

Codys boxing is overrated and so is his power, I'll believe in both when I see him beat a contender.

Has he ever shown that his striking is more than a left hook and a right straight?

He's going to need more than that to land on Cruz.

He'll tap late in the 4th

Yeah if he lands clean he can KO Cruz but so what, I haven't seen anything from necktats to show he has anything resembling an above-average striking game.

Fun fact: Cody has never faced a top 5 opponent and will be swinging at air all night

Your a Platinum fan so kind of makes what ever you say a little bit irrelevant

Can't knock out what you can't hit.

And, most of the "knockdowns" Cruz suffered against Faber was the result of Cruz getting hit while he was in a bad stance (i.e. on one leg after hitting Faber with a knee, caught with his feet underneath him, etc). Positional stuff, not him getting caught with a huge punch. Faber repeatedly bringing that up is more proof of what he tells himself to bolster his mentality more than anything. Cruz dropped Faber wayyyy more cleanly in their most recent fight.

The fight you reference also happened in 2011.

As a puncher, Cody may well have more raw hitting power than TJ, but he's certainly not as capable a striker by any means. I don't really think Cody has much for Cruz besides power. It's definitely not likely that he's just going to back Cruz up to the cage and knock him out, lol.

200.gif

He'll chase the KO, over commit and be on his back.

Bowles have best resume than Garbrandt.

Your sloppy boy will be exposed on 207

Cody will land a few good shots but will whiff air all night, gas, and lose a decision.

I like Cody, but Cruz is going to take this kid to school

TS wtf you smoking bruh? this whole thread I just read is nothing but shit. it's not true at all.

I stopped when you said Cody has better boxing and hand speed. Cody ain't got shit. He's like Mike Perry. Poor boxing and poor hand speed. you must not know anything about boxing anyway.

Eat crow lol. I never get my picks wrong fools. Cody schooled dom with basic boxing.

haters that posted in this thread hiding lol. calling you guys out the last time to eat crow dont be shy now.

Eat crow lol. I never get my picks wrong fools. Cody schooled dom with basic boxing.
You definitely have before, but that's besides the point. I never said Cody COULDN'T beat Cruz, I just didn't expect him to be able to consistently repeat what he was doing enough to win 5 rounds, i.e. I thought he might have him in trouble in the first round or two then gradually lose steam. Obviously, that wasn't the case. But it was a good performance, he deserves credit for it.

Back