Fun Fact: Cody is the hardest hitting dude Cruz has recently faced

Using wikipedia to make up for your lack of knowledge on fighting lol

You guys are embarrassing

This sounds like the same exact shit Mcgregor haters did before Mcgregor beat Mendes and Alvarez

Keep trying to convince yourself that Cody has no chance lol

Except Conor has good boxing and the best counter game in mma. Cody is going to look like Alvarez against Conor

Can't knock out what you can't hit.

And, most of the "knockdowns" Cruz suffered against Faber was the result of Cruz getting hit while he was in a bad stance (i.e. on one leg after hitting Faber with a knee, caught with his feet underneath him, etc). Positional stuff, not him getting caught with a huge punch. Faber repeatedly bringing that up is more proof of what he tells himself to bolster his mentality more than anything. Cruz dropped Faber wayyyy more cleanly in their most recent fight.

The fight you reference also happened in 2011.

As a puncher, Cody may well have more raw hitting power than TJ, but he's certainly not as capable a striker by any means. I don't really think Cody has much for Cruz besides power. It's definitely not likely that he's just going to back Cruz up to the cage and knock him out, lol.

Pretty much this. TJ is a much more sophisticated striker, angles, switching stances, footwork, creativity and the only clean shots he landed on dom were leg kicks.
Cody has good boxing, but he's easy to figure out and he's fighting against prob the smartest fighter in the UFC. Maybe Cody can catch him early and KO him, Sure. if he doesn't, it's gonna be a clinic by cruz. And swinging at air for 2 rounds is gonna tire out Cody's arms. Not impossible, but certainly unlikely that Cody KO's cruz.

Yes I've been saying the same thing over and over. Dom has to be perfect in this fight because Cody only needs to land one.

Cruz has faced more dangerous guys, like Brian Bowles who had equal or more power than Cody but 10 times better in his bjj.

Power means very little when you face a guy that mixes up the complete MMA game and his style is defensive.

We all know that Cody has been facing good matchups for him. I think a fight between him and Wineland would be close, Lineker would KO him since his boxing is better, Alcántara would pick him apart with his muai thay and Johnny Eduardo would probably break his jaw like he did with Wineland.

Cruz has faced more dangerous guys, like Brian Bowles who had equal or more power than Cody but 10 times better in his bjj.

Power means very little when you face a guy that mixes up the complete MMA game and his style is defensive.

We all know that Cody has been facing good matchups for him. I think a fight between him and Wineland would be close, Lineker would KO him since his boxing is better, Alcántara would pick him apart with his muai thay and Johnny Eduardo would probably break his jaw like he did with Wineland.

Brian Bowles lmfao

Get the fuck out of here

Cody%2BGarbrandt%2BStops%2BMarcus%2BBrimage%2BUFC%2B182.gif

etwjnt.jpg

If Cruz gets lazy with keeping his hands up or if he gets cocky with his headmovement Garbrandt could tag him and we all know Garbrandt's power is no joke.

Has he ever shown that his striking is more than a left hook and a right straight?

He's going to need more than that to land on Cruz.
No he has never shown anything else but that one combo.

I don't think his fight is going to go any better than his shit talking has been going with Cruz either

Cruz got hit a lot vs TJ, as a Cruz fan I say he can't afford to do the same against a heavy hitter like Cody. We know TJ was getting hit too, I think a big factor in this fight will be how durable Cody is and can Cruz utilize movement to take that power away/get hit little as possible

Won't help him, if things go bad for Cruz he will just wrestle.

Would be funny to see Cody KTFO Cruz but not gonna happen.

Cody will land a few good shots but will whiff air all night, gas, and lose a decision.

BOLD PREDICTION: Cruz will not be able to take Cody down.

Almeida who's his best win but an unproven prospect who was a perfect match up for cody, a wild sloppy aggressive muay thai fighter with a tendency to run into shots and get rocked.

Also the same Almeida that 37 year old Brad Pickett had on the ropes when they fought last year.

Cody is unproven.

I can't wait to see Dom frustrate the shit out of him for 5 rounds.

Cody will be completely gassed by the 3rd round going for the hail-mary punch and Dom will either keep toying with him or put the neck tatooed douche bro out of his misery.

Cruz got hit a lot vs TJ, as a Cruz fan I say he can't afford to do the same against a heavy hitter like Cody. We know TJ was getting hit too, I think a big factor in this fight will be how durable Cody is and can Cruz utilize movement to take that power away/get hit little as possible

Did he though? He barely got touched for the first 3 rounds. It was after the leg kick that hurt Dom that Turkey Jizz started landing more but he was still mostly missing as he kept throwing power punches and spamming high kicks that he hit maybe once or twice the whole fight. I'll never understand how anyone thought that was a close fight. Sure T.J was the aggressor and coming forward but he missed more than 90% of the strikes he threw.

Brian Bowles lmfao

Get the fuck out of here

You just like to pick and choose the parts you want to respond to and ignore the rest don't you? You've done it throughout this thread and every other thread I see you post in.

Back