Fun Fact: Cody is the hardest hitting dude Cruz has recently faced

He's definitely not a better striker that TJ. Just stop.

Faber caught Cruz because Cruz has/had to respect Faber's TDs and ground game leaving openings for Faber standing. (I still think if Robbie beat Condit then Faber definitely beat Cruz in the second fight)

No Love probably has more power than both those guys but I don't see him landing anything. Cruz dances his way to another title defense.

Because he's knocked out unproven and shot fighters. Linekers power is legit because I've seen him knock out a serious opponent in Maconald.
So? Just because he hasnt doesnt mean he cant.

Can't knock out what you can't hit.

And, most of the "knockdowns" Cruz suffered against Faber was the result of Cruz getting hit while he was in a bad stance (i.e. on one leg after hitting Faber with a knee, caught with his feet underneath him, etc). Positional stuff, not him getting caught with a huge punch. Faber repeatedly bringing that up is more proof of what he tells himself to bolster his mentality more than anything. Cruz dropped Faber wayyyy more cleanly in their most recent fight.

The fight you reference also happened in 2011.

As a puncher, Cody may well have more raw hitting power than TJ, but he's certainly not as capable a striker by any means. I don't really think Cody has much for Cruz besides power. It's definitely not likely that he's just going to back Cruz up to the cage and knock him out, lol.

A knockdown is a knockdown, don't disqualify because Cruz's feet weren't set. If a strike knocks you down, that's a knockdown.

A knockdown is a knockdown, don't disqualify because Cruz's feet weren't set. If a strike knocks you down, that's a knockdown.
well there is a distinction between a knockdown and a slip in boxing for a reason.

When I (or pretty much anyone) hears the phrase "knockdown", you think of some guy getting hit so hard that he's almost concussed. I.e. Condit getting dropped by Jake Ellenberger or Lawler getting dropped by Woodley.

At the very least, saying that Cruz was dropped without an asterisk and an explanation next to it is being pretty dishonest at best. He has never suffered a clean knockdown in his entire career (at least, not that I know of. If anyone has proof, post it).

Codys boxing is overrated and so is his power, I'll believe in both when I see him beat a contender.
Boxing skills as a whole.. yes, probably. Power? Are you kidding me? Kid hits like he is 2-3 weight classes above BW.

well there is a distinction between a knockdown and a slip in boxing for a reason.

When I (or pretty much anyone) hears the phrase "knockdown", you think of some guy getting hit so hard that he's almost concussed.

At the very least, saying that Cruz was dropped without an asterisk and an explanation next to it is being pretty dishonest at best.

A slip is very much different than a knockdown. Answer me this, would have Cruz been knocked down or slipped as you seem to think, had Faber NOT struck him in the head? Because if Faber's punch caused him to slip or fall, that's a knockdown.

How is it overrated?

he spams the same combos over and over and over, also keeps his hands low when throwing, shit defense

Cody%2BGarbrandt%2BStops%2BMarcus%2BBrimage%2BUFC%2B182.gif

HeftyTediousAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

Well TS if you're that convinced, bet the house on him

A slip is very much different than a knockdown. Answer me this, would have Cruz been knocked down or slipped as you seem to think, had Faber NOT struck him in the head? Because if Faber's punch caused him to slip or fall, that's a knockdown.
I'd have to rewatch the fight as it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure with at least one of them, there wasn't even a solid punch landed, yet people still feel justified in lying to other people and themselves about what happened.
Well TS if you're that convinced, bet the house on him
I remember in 2014 there was this guy who swore that he bet $50,000 on Mousasi to KO Machida. As far as I know he never posted again after the fight.

That was his first fight in the UFC

Nice try bro, You haters need to get a life

and nothing has changed, he still throws the same. his boxing is bad he just throws bombs and it hasn't cost him so far. I wouldnt be surprised if dom wrestle fucks him for 5 rounds

and nothing has changed, he still throws the same. his boxing is bad he just throws bombs and it hasn't cost him so far. I wouldnt be surprised if dom wrestle fucks him for 5 rounds

lol nope

You legit know nothing about MMA

Fun fact - Cody has faced 3 guys with Wikipedia pages.

Mizugaki who's been finished in 4/5 fights and had been finished in 2/3 going into the Cody fight.

Brimag who's lost 6/7 and was cut from the UFC soon after his fight with Cody

Almeida who's his best win but an unproven prospect who was a perfect match up for cody, a wild sloppy aggressive muay thai fighter with a tendency to run into shots and get rocked.

Fun fact - Cody has faced 3 guys with Wikipedia pages.

Mizugaki who's been finished in 4/5 fights and had been finished in 2/3 going into the Cody fight.
Brimag who's lost 6/7 and was cut from the UFC soon after his fight with Cody
Almeida who's his best win but an unproven prospect who was a perfect match up for cody, a wild sloppy aggressive muay thai fighter with a tendency to run into shots and get rocked.

Using wikipedia to make up for your lack of knowledge on fighting lol

You guys are embarrassing

what accomplished wrestler has he beat?

This sounds like the same exact shit Mcgregor haters did before Mcgregor beat Mendes and Alvarez

Keep trying to convince yourself that Cody has no chance lol

Using wikipedia to make up for your lack of knowledge on fighting lol

You guys are embarrassing

I'm using Wikipedia to prove the point that Cody hasn't faced any legit top competition you goof and if you weren't a half retarded mouth breather you'd realize that.

It doesnt matter who he has or hasnt beat. All that matters is what he is capable of, ive been a fan of boxing and mma for years now and there has been alot of times where someone's opposition was questioned and they go out there and destroy their opponent. I just cant remember any of the top of my head.

There are also plenty of times someone looks like a world beater fighting lower ranked competition then doesn't fare so well when he cracks the top of the division.

Clearly Cody is a young talented fighter, but it's reasonable to be skeptical of his ability to beat the champ without seeing how he fares against high caliber opponents first.

Not impossible for him to win, and no one is complaining about him getting a title shot- well it's sherdog, I'm sure someone is complaining- but it's difficult to extrapolate his performance against Cruz from the guys he has beaten so far.

On paper Cruz should do his thing and cruise control through him, but I've also seen enough MMA to never count out anyone, everyone is human and can lose, and that's why I love this sport. That being said, I haven't seen anything spectacular from Cody too bet on him. The only one I can see that on (again on paper, and first fight was close too) give Cruz fits is TJ.

Back