Fun Fact: Cody is the hardest hitting dude Cruz has recently faced

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Cruz can be hit. Urijah has dropped him, urijah has hit him as well and hurt him more than once in their 3 fights. TJ also hit him and hurt him more than once.

Cody has better boxing and better hand speed than both of those guys along with more power than both guys.Hes also bigger than both of them. Also has underrated footwork and knows how to close the distance if you try to move away because he knows how to box and has good fundamentals.

It honestly baffles me how most are writing him off simply because they arent analyzing his style and seeing hes a bad matchup for Cruz. He can very well put cruz's lights out mark my words.

Last edited:
Codys boxing is overrated and so is his power, I'll believe in both when I see him beat a contender.

Has he ever shown that his striking is more than a left hook and a right straight?

He's going to need more than that to land on Cruz.

And who has Cody beat that's even remotely good enough to make you think he gonna be competitive with Cruz? I think Cody a great young prospect, I enjoy his fighting style, but it's a total crap shoot whether or not he can stop Cruz or not.

Yeah if he lands clean he can KO Cruz but so what, I haven't seen anything from necktats to show he has anything resembling an above-average striking game.

Mikey Perry was also the hardest hitter Jouban faced.

And who has Cody beat that's even remotely good enough to make you think he gonna be competitive with Cruz? I think Cody a great young prospect, I enjoy his fighting style, but it's a total crap shoot whether or not he can stop Cruz or not.
It doesnt matter who he has or hasnt beat. All that matters is what he is capable of, ive been a fan of boxing and mma for years now and there has been alot of times where someone's opposition was questioned and they go out there and destroy their opponent. I just cant remember any of the top of my head.

Fun fact: Cody has never faced a top 5 opponent and will be swinging at air all night

I wanted to argue with u but after looking through cruz fight history i cant :(

That being said... neck tattoos

Also, Mike perry KOs both in under a minute in a 1v2

#platinumbless

Your a Platinum fan so kind of makes what ever you say a little bit irrelevant

Can't knock out what you can't hit.

And, most of the "knockdowns" Cruz suffered against Faber was the result of Cruz getting hit while he was in a bad stance (i.e. on one leg after hitting Faber with a knee, caught with his feet underneath him, etc). Positional stuff, not him getting caught with a huge punch. Faber repeatedly bringing that up is more proof of what he tells himself to bolster his mentality more than anything. Cruz dropped Faber wayyyy more cleanly in their most recent fight.

The fight you reference also happened in 2011.

As a puncher, Cody may well have more raw hitting power than TJ, but he's certainly not as capable a striker by any means. I don't really think Cody has much for Cruz besides power. It's definitely not likely that he's just going to back Cruz up to the cage and knock him out, lol.

200.gif

He'll chase the KO, over commit and be on his back.

Back