Full camp Chad Mendes could have beat Conor

I think Conor beats any version of Mendes more often than not. Mendes wasn’t in bad shape despite what people like to say, Conor sapped his energy with a good body attack.

There's always some excuse why Conor won or why the guy he beat wasn't at their best or was overrated when he beat them.

That's generally how it goes, but the wins tell in the end. Of course, the other side of that coin also applies to Conor and his lack of "efficiency".

Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.

Juiced up Chad, the "supposed match-up nightmare wrestler" who was told to prepare before Jose pulled out, couldn't beat up a injured-knee Conor who had no preparation, and it's still leaving virgins on Sherdog crying 3 years later. lmao

Who else would even accept this match on short notice other than Conor Fuckin Mac. Gotdamn alpha shit .

I tend to agree with you. McGregor is overrated. The reason he beat Aldo was more Aldo's mistake than McGregors ability.

Not to mention that he didnt even get to properly cycle his skin cream.

Funny how everyone seems to forget about that small fact, but will save no time discrediting wins/losses of other fighters because of PEDS.

My god I've never come across so many blind people in my life. Chad got tired because Conor hit him with like 20 body kick just in the first round! It had nothing to do with his conditioning. I'm honestly shocked every time I read a Conor thread in this forum. I know a lot of you hate the guy, but can't you put that aside and just be objective for one second?

He was outstriking Conor, ragdolling him, controlling him on the ground and landing heavy elbows.

Literally the only reason he lost was because of conditioning.

ufc189_11_mcgregor_vs_mendes_011.jpg

Stop. That’s such bullshit. Conor was peppering him with hard body shots for the whole fight. Conor was just so much longer. Chad went all out for a round and won that round, I think that’s all we could expect from Mendes, even with a full camp.

That fight was just waiting for the inevitable.
With the reach advantage Conor was able to just pick Mendez apart from a comfortable distance. Chad landed some hard shots but he wasn’t able to hurt Conor and Conor was hurting him.

The Conor hate is crazy on sherdog. If those guys fought ten times I would bet on Conor to win every single fight. It’s not because I’m some Conor fanboy or think Chad Mendes isn’t good. I like Mendes, it’s just a really tough matchup for him.

Soo wait
If the fight was delayed to give mendes a full camp wouldnt that alos mean conor would be healed up and able to train wrestling full tilt by then?

My god I've never come across so many blind people in my life. Chad got tired because Conor hit him with like 20 body kick just in the first round! It had nothing to do with his conditioning. I'm honestly shocked every time I read a Conor thread in this forum. I know a lot of you hate the guy, but can't you put that aside and just be objective for one second?
Apparently chad is also a shaolin monk in his spare time and has mastered iron body defence so the multiple body shots had no effect

He was outstriking Conor, ragdolling him, controlling him on the ground and landing heavy elbows.

Literally the only reason he lost was because of conditioning.

ufc189_11_mcgregor_vs_mendes_011.jpg

How did that work out again?

Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.
Yes, the only reason why Mendes lost is conditioning and even McGoats nuthuggers know that.
But this is the past, Mendes is hardly in the Top 5 FW and conorino is fighting King Kebab für the LW Belt...

I'm not convinced that a guy who's been training most of his life is gassing in 1 round because he didn't have 6 weeks of his training camp.

Maybe he forgot to take his psoriasis cream on his hunting trip.

10 yrs later and still talking bout full camp mendes beating conor, god dude get a grip, get your life together

Lol Conor had 7 days to prepare for an entirely different opponent with and entirely different skill set. Like he wouldn't have done his camp differently if he knew he would be fighting a guy like Mendes... That fight was a sloppy mess and means nothing. Remember when "full camp Diaz" wouldn't be touched? Yeah we saw how that went.

God people on this site are so fucking clueless about the training aspect of MMA. It's laughable.
Unlike a true intellect as yourself.

If he didn't lose, he could have won

It came out after the fight that Chad Mini Mendes was a Juicehead Turkey during it and Conor also had a blown ACL, plus Conor had only been training for striking. That is why Mini Mendes survived 2 rounds and the fight wasn’t done in one.

Back