Full camp Chad Mendes could have beat Conor

False.. Chad was 184lbs, and on a hunting trip when he got the call.
https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...t-or-cry-for-5-rounds-070115?vid=473982531944

Hunting trip my ass LOL.

"I just found out maybe two or three hours ago," Mendes told FOX Sports on Tuesday night after the news was official. "I was actually training and my girlfriend was at the gym and I was hitting mitts and she interrupted the workout and goes, ‘It’s official!’ and we all stopped and looked and she was holding up her phone and it was posted on Instagram. That’s basically how I found out.

Yet, it's not a knockout, moron. The capital letters doesn't make it one either.. triggered.

Yeah Chad was just taking a little break. It's not like his brain got ping ponged around his skull.
8POR.gif

Totally not knocked out. Just chilling face first into the ground fully conscious and aware.

Aldo wasn't knocked out either. Just tried to lure Conor into his guard.

Watch it again, bud. He actually stuffed 4 out of 7 take downs and was working Chad's body the whole time when they were standing, that's the real reason he gassed. Also landed some brutal elbows from the bottom.

You saying he really didn't do anything shows either how biased you are or are really new to the game. No offense intended.
Getting td'ed 3 times in a round is not much to brag about. Mendes was landing the heavier shots on the feet too. Conor lost both rounds handily until the end of the second.

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story...t-or-cry-for-5-rounds-070115?vid=473982531944

Hunting trip my ass LOL.

"I just found out maybe two or three hours ago," Mendes told FOX Sports on Tuesday night after the news was official. "I was actually training and my girlfriend was at the gym and I was hitting mitts and she interrupted the workout and goes, ‘It’s official!’ and we all stopped and looked and she was holding up her phone and it was posted on Instagram. That’s basically how I found out.
You clearly don't grasp sarcasm..

Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.
Just rewatched the fight... If Chad Mendes had been in shape, and had a proper camp, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have submitted or decisioned Conor.

Besides Diaz, Chad was really the only fighter to make McGregor seem beatable. Whats interesting is that Chad is a wrestler, and was able to connect very strong shots on McGregor on the ground, and a very nasty cut via elbow.

Chad also attempted a few submissions, and its clear to me on the final seconds of the fight, he emptied the tank on a final guillotine attempt, knowing that he didnt have any gas left. McGregor was able to scramble, and as soon as they got up, Chad knew he was done.

After the ko you can see Conors reaction, sorta still shocked and surprised of the final outcome, he has very little gas left and can barely celebrate the victory, you can clearly see he wasnt too comfortable with how things were going.

This has really been an eye opener for me, Khabib is much bigger and stronger than mendes, though he doesnt have a great single leg. His ground control and GnP are a lot better than mendes', and his cardio will surely be way better than 2 week Chad.

Conor will also go through that conditioning dip after round 2, and Conors chances of finishing Khabib after round 2 diminish considerably. IMO if Khabib doesnt end up KOd in round 1 or 2, Khabib will humiliate Conor. We could well be in for another episode of El Tapo.

yes chad could of wrestled conor the whole time. chad had to go straight into weight cutting mood when he took the fight on 7 days notice.

Yeah Chad was just taking a little break. It's not like his brain got ping ponged around his skull.
8POR.gif

Totally not knocked out. Just chilling face first into the ground fully conscious and aware.

Aldo wasn't knocked out either. Just tried to lure Conor into his guard.
That's why it was a tko, not a ko like the Aldo fight. But continue reaching, the couch judge, is entertaining.

He didn't gas in the 2nd round because of a camp. He fought 3 months before he fought Conor. He was also roided up and showed up shredded to the weigh ins, and was actively training for some fitness race.

Ah yes, the good old "I was just pretending to be retarded" excuse. Well, you really DO have brain damage, so we'll let it slide.
So now you admit to being retarded? Silly kid, you should stop putting yourself down. Who is "we"? Does your odd mind male you think you speak for others? You casuals get triggered so easily, over what a strangers says.

Chad was in great shape, though. He was keeping himself in shape because as he said when the fight was announced he was expecting Aldo to pull out since that's what Aldo is known for doing. Likewise if Conor had a full camp to prepare specifically for a wrestler like Chad, he probably would have done better himself.

Full camp Mendes gets handled the same. Full camps do not always offer better fight performances than short camps do, there are more variables and intangibles involved than that. Just look at Diaz in his fights with McGregor - Nate on short notice won, Nate with a full camp just months later lost an Unanimous Decision.

Getting td'ed 3 times in a round is not much to brag about. Mendes was landing the heavier shots on the feet too. Conor lost both rounds handily until the end of the second.

Heavier shots that amounted to nothing. Conor's shots first fucked up Chad's gas tank and the last shots put him away. Chad might have been winning the rounds, but Conor was making the real progress and was intelligently working towards the finish the whole time.

Lile I said in my first post ITT, Conor was also injured, which undoubtedly was part of why he underperformed in certain areas. But you don't have to take that from me, just watch his documentary. It's all very clearly shown with training camp footage.

That's why it was a tko, not a ko like the Aldo fight. But continue reaching, the couch judge, is entertaining.

When you can no longer intelligently defend yourself from strikes, it's a knockout.

This isn't boxing. There is no great distinction between TKO and KO. It's just an arbitrary term based on how the ref stops it.

He didn't gas in the 2nd round because of a camp. He fought 3 months before he fought Conor. He was also roided up and showed up shredded to the weigh ins, and was actively training for some fitness race.
This
Chad is a pro fighter who will spar hard 1-2 rounds vs other pros regularly weekly ...to say he doesnt have 2 rounds in him is a joke , a fight camp is so you can go 3-5 and have your skills sharpened for specific opp
Plus we know from his own admission he was staying in good shape and he was an active roider

None of it matters anyway anyone with half a brain watching the fight can see he has nothing to offer a healthy conor in a rematch if he coyldnt beat an injured camp one

mma math don't work.

rory demolished woodley
woodley destroyed lawler
lawler beat rory

conor took that fight on short notice too, lets not forget.

nobody has a crystal ball.

There's always some excuse why Conor won or why the guy he beat wasn't at their best or was overrated when he beat them.

Unlikely.

If it wasn't a short notice fight Conor would have been training take down defense during the camp.

Back