Full-Body/,uscle Group Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or a muscle group you work every day, when you exercise.

Does anyone do this, and have opinions on it's benefits? Over the summer I do BJJ 6x weekly and exercise 4x a week, and when I do, I've been wondering a lot about the benefits/detriments of exercising certain muscle groups (chest, legs) every time.

Am I not getting adequate rest for muscle growth? I focus on conditioning as well as heavy/olympic lifting, on different days. How should it be broken down?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

If you are exercising alot you need to eat more, sleep more.

Other then that, don't let any one tell you "Dont train your chest more then twice a week bla bla". Every body is different and repair at different rates. For sure, there is some legitimacy to that statement that almost everyone needs a decent amount of time to heal, but not all.

For example, this week I injured my ankle and so couldn't do cardio. Instead, I focused on alot of upper body weights sessions in which my triceps got worked four times in a week, albeit through primarily compound exercises and acting as the secondary driving force behind a movement. Nonetheless come sunday i'm feeling fine and ready to go for more. Find what works and doesn't work for you and go from there.

Plus read the FAQS :D

If you are exercising alot you need to eat more, sleep more.

Other then that, don't let any one tell you "Dont train your chest more then twice a week bla bla". Every body is different and repair at different rates. For sure, there is some legitimacy to that statement that almost everyone needs a decent amount of time to heal, but not all.

For example, this week I injured my ankle and so couldn't do cardio. Instead, I focused on alot of upper body weights sessions in which my triceps got worked four times in a week, albeit through primarily compound exercises and acting as the secondary driving force behind a movement. Nonetheless come sunday i'm feeling fine and ready to go for more. Find what works and doesn't work for you and go from there.

Plus read the FAQS :D

"A day without sunshine is like night."

I have read the FAQs, I hadn't seen that one though. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back