Full Body MMA workout

aweiner769

White Belt
Reaction score
I have recently begun training for MMA. Its through the club at my school so its not like professional trainers or anything its just a bunch of guys all working together and helping each other. With that said I was wondering if anyone had any good full workout regimens to suggest. I'm talking about weight lifting, cardio, everything. I have real nice gym here at my school so they have all the fancy equipment and all that.

thumbs_110684-glowing-green-neon-icon-alphanumeric-letter-f.png
0_letter_A.jpg
q.gif

Specifically post 4.

Also, it should be stated that for a beginner the best thing for your MMA skills is simply lots of practice. Becoming more skilled >>> becoming stronger so don't allow weight lifting and general conditioning work to take away from your skill training.

1- no fancy equipment, just the stuff you need to squat, bench, overhead press, and deadlift.

2-FAQ

By fancy equipment do you mean stuff like farmer's walk handles, thick bars, cambered bars, reverse hypers, glute ham raise, chains, bands, kettlebells, bumper plates, oly bars, eleiko bars, a prowler, sleds, etc? Because otherwise the "fancy equipment" is probably not especially useful. Or it's not that fancy.

And, yeah, read the FAQ.

By fancy equipment do you mean stuff like farmer's walk handles, thick bars, cambered bars, reverse hypers, glute ham raise, chains, bands, kettlebells, bumper plates, oly bars, eleiko bars, a prowler, sleds, etc? Because otherwise the "fancy equipment" is probably not especially useful. Or it's not that fancy.

And, yeah, read the FAQ.

you just described everything at your awesome gym didn't you?

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg

Start out by building up your conditioning.

How fast can you sprint through 100 burpees?

If you need some body weight work outs for general conditioning check out Body rock TV. This super hot chick is the host. And sure your friends will laugh when they find you on this site..... but I'm sure her work outs will kick your butt.

you just described everything at your awesome gym didn't you?

No, I didn't.

Besides which, nothing's stopping you from moving to Edmonton. I mean, you wouldn't even have to leave the country.

Back