Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
resize_130907_roadsong.jpg
220213021211.jpg

download.blog

resize_130905_fukuda.jpg

http://www.sherdog.com/events/Road-FC-16-Road-Fighting-Championship-16-38097

former-UFC fighter Riki Fukuda is set to fight Dong sik Yoon, the Pride Veteran and a world-class Judoka.

Hope Dong sik Yoon is not over-confident with his Judo and Ground and get some serious striking in the arsenal. This guy believes in his Judo too much and only plays it there.

May DSY have a magnificent return, and get some stardom again like he did in Pride.

And for Fukuda, this is a run for the Road FC MW champion belt.

Fukuda is one of the very best MW in Asia, Fukuda had some legit wins in his UFC career, and I think he still has that UFC caliber as he was robbed by Nick Ring, and beaten 2 of the MWs in UFC.

Fukuda's invasion of Road FC has Road FC middleweights all rattled up, as he has beaten a stud of Hee Seung Kim.

and Road FC 16 is shaping up with Nam Jin Jo and Min Jong Song for the first FLW title.

Nam Jin Jo a killer in Asian FLWs, and has been ranked in Sherdog top 10 before, with his wrestling background and Dong Hyun Kim as his teammate, he hopes he gets to UFC ranks before DHK retires in 2 to 3 years. He was a lethal force in Bantamweight with his power and grappling. And you don't count out his taunting in the rings or cage, as he Girl Group dances his opponents into anger.

Min Jong Song is a stud at Road FC Bantamweight, former title challenger with Kil-Woo Lee(the current champion), gone to split and controversial decision like big rigg vs GSP. He thought he could get the rematch soon, but with Lee injured with severe spine problems, he hopes he will get another chance in the FLW division.

Last edited:
damn they should of build yoon up lil first o well

ill be rooting for heros legend DSY

Last edited:
Always rooting for Yoon but don't see this one going well for him. Great to see him fight at least once in ROAD though.

Song is far better than his record but I don't think he will beat Nam, likely going to be Nam overpowering him with takedowns and top control

Yeah, the original Dong is still fighting!! I remember his first win, against Melvin Manhoef. What a crazy fight that was...
Dong, best fighter with a losing record?

Like Pawel "Nasty" Nastula, he was a judo gold olympist (sp?) fed to the lions by PRIDE in their first few fights. But he never gave up, said that he will not retire until he gets a win, and the MM fight happened...
WAR DONG!!!

Dong, best fighter with a losing record?

he actually should be at 7-7, but his fight finder record is missing this fight:

and this is going to be a tough fight for yoon, but i believe in him.

Ooohh thanks, gonna watch that now!
(ps: maybe you should edit your post in a way the doesn't give the fight result away, it's always more fun watching a fight without knowing who wins ;) but thanks again!)

Can't wait for this. Wanna see Yoon get a win on Korea's biggest stage

damn they should of build yoon up lil first o well

ill be rooting for heros legend DSY

Legends don't need building up. They are built already.

Usually I'd be rooting for the japanese dude but let's see a dongbar for old times sake!

Usually I'd be rooting for the japanese dude but let's see a dongbar for old times sake!

I remember the dongbar with fond memories.
YDS is such a cool, fearless, skilled dude. Too bad he started training MMA pretty late.
After he lost to Sakuraba, I remember that he invited him to train at Takada Dojo and they became bros, shit was cash.

trivia: he won against gold medalist Makoto Takimoto in Judo, but lost to him in MMA (his second fight).

Does anyione remember where he trained after that? In the sherdog fight finder, he is listed at "Team Yoon"...
ps: damn, his poor teammate BU KYUNG JUNG http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Bu-Kyung-Jung-27180
got thrown to the lions by the Japanese too, 0-4 with his 1st fight being against Shinya Aoki, then Ishida, Nakamura and mah boy Kikuno. :icon_conf
They were being ruthless toward these Korean guys.

interested in the FLW title bout

Cool match eh? Usually, they should do a Tournament like they did on all the other divisions, but Song vs Jo? One of them were bound to be champ.
They should do a LW tournament again too. Like to see Kume taking it.

Really torn in the Fukuda-Yoon fight. Yoon obviously is an old favorite and Fukuda shouldn't have been booted out of the UFC. Does anyone feel like if Yoon came to the MMA game much sooner he would've been elite like I do? The guy was a natural with great technique.

Back