Fuji Gi "All around" and "Lightweight"?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Bjjoe, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Bjjoe

Bjjoe White Belt

Hi everyone!. I`m new here and a beginner on BJJ. I`m looking for a Gi for me. It would be my first gi. I`ve seen the Fuji "all around" and the "lightweight".

What`s the difference between both?

The A1 is for me?. 140 lbs and 5.6 feet

Thanks!.

2. JRal

JRal Orange Belt

I have both. The all around is much softer and heavier/thicker. I get warmer training in the all-around, but it is so much more comfortable, IMO.

I would consider the A-2, and then shrink it as needed.

Jenn

3. mitchard

mitchard White Belt

My first gi was the Fuji Light. I don't have a lot to compare it to since I only have one other GI right now, but I love it. Definitely doesn't keep the heat in like the thicker gi does.

I second the A2 and shink as far as sizing goes. I'm kind of wishing I would have gone with the A4 instead of the A3 so I would be able to use the dryer. I washed it once and it shrunk quite a bit.

4. TheSubmissionCh

TheSubmissionCh Green Belt

My second kimono was a Fuji single weave, a long time ago when they did not have unique model names and it was just a single weave; I purchased an A2 (I weighed 65kg) and it shrink so much I had to give it to an instructor for one of his kids. Keep that in mind if you want to keep your kimono for a long time. I must echo the other member's recommend to purchase a size up for insurance. - E

5. Bjjoe

Bjjoe White Belt

I think I`ll go for the "All around" A-2.