Frustrating UFC fighters

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Mousasi - Has loads of talent and skill but never seems to have any fire in his eyes or movements during a fight. Doesn't seem to ever show any urgency even when down on the cards.

Nick Diaz - Great boxing, Great BJJ, great mentally......either can't or won't improve his wrestling or come up with decent game plans. He could be a tremendous fighter but doesn't seem to want to fix the holes in his game or his coaching/team

Akiyama - WTF is this guy doing during some of his fights? He could have wiped the mat with Shields but seemed content to judo toss him a few times. He got into a slugfest with Leben instead of playing to his skills.

Kampmann.

Wrestles with Shields
Strikes with daley
brawls with Diego

Nate Diaz by farrrrr, any Diaz bros fan will agree

Agree with Mousasi and Akiyama when he first got to the UFC. Now he is just straight up past his prime.

Palhares is frustrating as hell because he should still be in the UFC but he is too dumb to learn to let go of a sub

Mousasi - Has loads of talent and skill but never seems to have any fire in his eyes or movements during a fight. Doesn't seem to ever show any urgency even when down on the cards.

Nick Diaz - Great boxing, Great BJJ, great mentally......either can't or won't improve his wrestling or come up with decent game plans. He could be a tremendous fighter but doesn't seem to want to fix the holes in his game or his coaching/team

Akiyama - WTF is this guy doing during some of his fights? He could have wiped the mat with Shields but seemed content to judo toss him a few times. He got into a slugfest with Leben instead of playing to his skills.

yup I agree with all those.

of all time, the one guy i was a huge fan of who used to have me screaming at the TV more than anyone else was Pedro Rizzo.

Mir !!!

if worked on his striking and TDD he'd be a beast, a little confidence and TRT wouldnt hurt either

Akiyama is semi retired at this point IMO. You will see him against other old guys when the ufc is in Korea and Japan and that's it.

I think the phrase iron sharpens iron applies a lot to Diaz and Mousasi's progression. They would get long long stretches of favorable matches and I think it caused them to stagnant.

The diaz's for sure. Such talented fighters with all the potential in the world but both are too arrogant to think they need to improve anything in their games.
Nates stock was already down but went plummeting after the beatdown RDA put on him.

Koscheck - Stellar athlete, great wrestler and has a lot of losses because he chose to try to stand n wang with guys. Now the division is cramped with elite grapplers and he is getting old.

Guillard. Could have been a serious contender . He was right on the brink of it but he got super cocky and threw it away. Dude had all the talent in the world but his head always ruined it for him.

I'm still mad about Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz. Carlos has shown over an entire career that he is willing to trade with any man. However in the Diaz fight he ran for three rounds for the most part. This still really bugs me.

GSP because he stopped going for the finish. He'd rather win on points and game plan even though he outskilled all his opponents by a vast margin.

BJ Penn because he stopped training and spent too much time in WW which didn't suit him when his body is much better as Featherweight and Lightweight.

Anderson Silva who is technically the most dangerous striker ever in the history of the sport and he wastes a lot of time clowning around and not engaging.

Uriah Faber for chasing Duane Ludwig our of the lead Coaching spot of Team Alpha Male. Also Uriah could have learned a lot from Duane but chose not to try to advance his striking skillset.

Nick Diaz, if he met all his media obligations and was able to quit smoking weed he would have not wasted four years of his career and would have had a lot more great fights in the prime of his life that he wasted no fighting.

Brian Ebersole - great fighter, great skills, but lately has been way too passive during his fights.

According to Sherdog, Jones. Because of everything he does inside and outside the octagon.

Sad that since his last Strikeforce title match nearly four years ago Diaz has fought only three times.

Would love if he fought three times this year.

Jake Ellenberger - got the wrestling, got big time power but just can't put it all together. He always quits when things don't go his way.

Back