Fruit

fighting.spirit

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Fruit is by far my favorite food. When dieting, I can stop eating almost anything at all. Fruit is always what I crave the most. Do guys have any good articles on fruit? What fruits to eat when your goal is fat loss or muscle gain and when to eat them? The ones highest and lowest in calories. Fruits one should always try to incorporate in their diet? Etc...

Thanks guys. Really appreciate any input.

I wish I could be like that. I have a problem with the texture of a lot of fruits.

You'll be a superman when you get old. Definitely a Randy

I wish I could be like that. I have a problem with the texture of a lot of fruits.

You'll be a superman when you get old. Definitely a Randy

Heh, how so?

I don't know about that. I could eat nothing but fruit all day. But it seems that's [meaning eating a lot of fruit, not eating fruit all day] not the way to go. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Fruit is by far my favorite food. When dieting, I can stop eating almost anything at all. Fruit is always what I crave the most. Do guys have any good articles on fruit? What fruits to eat when your goal is fat loss or muscle gain and when to eat them? The ones highest and lowest in calories. Fruits one should always try to incorporate in their diet? Etc...

good thread, I would also be interested to find some info on this magical food you speak of.

I wouldn't worry about it. The only time fruit isn't great is post workout because of the antioxident load. As long as you're active, eating the sugars in fruit is better than the processed crap. I eat all kinds of different fruit but only in the morning because that's the only time I feel like having it. I mix berries in with my oatmeal or I'll have a banana before I get going for energy. Whatever fruit you choose, I think they all have benefits just like veggies do. Variety is the spice of life. At least when it comes to fruit.

no one ever got fat eating fruit, but sometimes people can stay fat eating too much fruit.

if you're really trying to cut some fat, maybe reduce your fruit consumption. the calories and macro profile of all fruits are available from a quick google search.

Hi i think banana & Orange....................................................

Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, black berries...you get the idea. From what i understand berries have the pretty low sugar per calorie compared to most fruits. Oranges are hella good too but your best bets are bell peppers (orange ones are hella sweet) and tomatoes because of their lower sugar content

I am not sure if this is true, but I read a few years ago that it takes more energy to eat and process an apple, then the energy that you gain from it..

I am not sure if this is true, but I read a few years ago that it takes more energy to eat and process an apple, then the energy that you gain from it..

I believe that is true for celery, but I don't know about apples.

just eat fruits, as long as you're not eating 3 pounds a day it'll be ok. You know eat protein, fat and veggies too, but fruit for your sweet tooth instead of candy or junk is just fine.

I have been eating so many peaches lately that it is ridiculous. And melons. I love summer time!

Raspberries are my favorite.

Delicious + Antioxidents + Massive amounts of fiber = PERFECT.

I love fruit. I buy all kinds. just cracked open a fresh coconut yesterday. The water inside is delicious

what happened to honeycrisp apples? i can't find them anywhere now. pink ladies are good, but they're the poor man's honeycrisp IMO.

cantaloupes are the way to go if you love fruit but wanna keep calories low. and to the guy that said fruit isn't good post-workout.. this book i read on nutrition (written by arlovski's/pacquiao's/amir kahn's dietician) says that's the best time to have it. vegetables before, fruits after if i recall correctly. the author is a woman though so it's probably wrong..

Back