Fruit binging

justint

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A couple nights ago, I was really craving something sweet. Since I don't really have any cheat foods in my kitchen (mostly to prevent binging) I ended up binging on fruit and a bit of peanut butter. I had: 2 apples, a couple handfuls of grapes, and 3 bananas with a bit of natty peanut butter.

Question: How bad for you is a binge of fruit like I just mentioned?

This happened 2.5 hours PWO, so I guess my body could process some of the carbs and sugars. However, I don't think at any point could my body properly handle the amount fruit sugar I consumed the other night. Is binging on fruit that bad as long as it happens once in a very great while?

Uhmm...a cookie would have been better...and I avoid those like the plague.

That's a crap load of sugar+fat. AKA, the traditional American recipe for getting fat. The only thing that's missing is the white flour.

Yeah, don't do that.

A couple nights ago, I was really craving something sweet. Since I don't really have any cheat foods in my kitchen (mostly to prevent binging) I ended up binging on fruit and a bit of peanut butter. I had: 2 apples, a couple handfuls of grapes, and 3 bananas with a bit of natty peanut butter.

Question: How bad for you is a binge of fruit like I just mentioned?

This happened 2.5 hours PWO, so I guess my body could process some of the carbs and sugars. However, I don't think at any point could my body properly handle the amount fruit sugar I consumed the other night. Is binging on fruit that bad as long as it happens once in a very great while?

I was about to say that's not as bad as it sounds, but I missed the 3 bananas. There's a helluva LOT worse things you could binge on, like making triple-decker peanut butter and maple syrup sandwiches on white bread, followed by eating a whole can of Pringles. THAT'S a binge. And actually what I used to eat as a teen.

Fruit isn't as evil as it's made out to be, but shit, lol, that's a lot of fruit to eat in one sitting.

I was about to say that's not as bad as it sounds, but I missed the 3 bananas. There's a helluva LOT worse things you could binge on, like making triple-decker peanut butter and maple syrup sandwiches on white bread, followed by eating a whole can of Pringles. THAT'S a binge. And actually what I used to eat as a teen.

Fruit isn't as evil as it's made out to be, but shit, lol, that's a lot of fruit to eat in one sitting.

Exactly. If it happens once in a blue moon don't worry. Binging on fruit is okay. What you really want to do is address what is causing the binge.

Theres a lot of techniques for dealing with this kind of stuff. Self hypnosis, NLP, EFT.

I've read a lot of good things about EFT(Emotional Freedom Technique). It has to do with tapping "energy centres on the body" which can obviously sound like Eastern bullshit but other people have said even if you don't believe in that stuff, to remember that it is a form of anchoring(a proven psychological technique, Read about Pavlov and his dogs) and it can work.

Search around for EFT and give that a try.

Oh and binging on a giant thing of ice cream after eating a medium pizza >>>>>>> your little furit binge.

better then the 5 cookies i finished off after wook. My fiancee made a huge batch i didnt touch them for 3-4 days and it was killing me. She took 90% of them to work to give to her girlfriends and honestly the one thought that went threw my mind when i saw the last 5 on the counter was...

"If i just eat these all now, there wont be any left to tempt me later"

So i undulged and feel like crap for eating them now :p

Heh, I hope I don't do this again. There wasn't really that much fat, at most about a Tbsp of PB.

It wasn't really an emotional binge this time (even though I do find comfort in carb-rich foods when stressed). If anything, I think this binge was just a testament to the addictiveness that carbs and sugar have on the brain. It was kind of spread out over about an hour. It started out as having an apple and a few grapes as a snack. That led to a few more grapes, and then a banana or two.

The funny thing is that even when I rid my kitchen of all junky foods, I still manage to fuck up my diet with the healthy foods I have. LOL

Shit, at least you weren't bingeing on empty calories. Those fruits were full of vitamins and minerals. Nutrient dense stuff, not calorie dense.

I'm willing to bet that binge did more good for you than bad. Fruit doesn't hike up blood glucose nearly as much as processed grains or refined sugars. You made a good choice. That "binge" you had looks like it didn't even go past 800 calories. 1 big mac will give you that many calories and some change.

What the...am I missing something? I eat a ton of fruit and thought I was doing myself good..are you trying to make weight or something?

What the...am I missing something? I eat a ton of fruit and thought I was doing myself good..are you trying to make weight or something?

I know wtf@??@ I have been eating fruit about 50% starting from breakfast for a couple of months now. Ive never really felt better. I dont know whats going on.

Shit, at least you weren't bingeing on empty calories. Those fruits were full of vitamins and minerals. Nutrient dense stuff, not calorie dense.

I'm willing to bet that binge did more good for you than bad. Fruit doesn't hike up blood glucose nearly as much as processed grains or refined sugars. You made a good choice. That "binge" you had looks like it didn't even go past 800 calories. 1 big mac will give you that many calories and some change.

I work it out to be over 700 calories, and about 125 grams of sugar. While that's infinitely better than 700 calories and 125 grams of sugar from cake and cookies, it's certainly not something to be proud of either. This is something to be avoided.

I know wtf@??@ I have been eating fruit about 50% starting from breakfast for a couple of months now. Ive never really felt better. I dont know whats going on.

prety sure fruit in large amounts is bad for you. well not bad, but there is better choices ie veggies.

someone else will explain it better but fruit does have lots of sugur in it, and i think bananas are high in a couple of other things (not sure so i wont start spewing crap at you guys)

i think fruit is a good choice if you want a treat, but this amount liks others have said is actualy high in sugur and in the end of the day might not be ther best.

Dont worry when i think im eating well i usualy come here and realize theres 2-3 things i can change about my diet to eat better. :rolleyes:

I guess I shouldn't mention that I ate 6 cups of frozen blueberries yesterday. They're just too good to let go. I just remind myself of all the antioxidants I'm consuming. That clears my conscience right up.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I ate 6 cups of frozen blueberries yesterday. They're just too good to let go. I just remind myself of all the antioxidants I'm consuming. That clears my conscience right up.

Its funny how we can find a way to justify eating crapy food when we know its more bad for us then good. :icon_twis

I wouldn't say fruit is bad just it needs to be eaten in moderation. Isn't the saying "Too much of a good thing is bad" or something like that.

Wow aren't those packed with sugar?

Wow aren't those packed with sugar?

Blueberry Nutrition Facts
Serving Size : 1 cup (140g)
Calories 100

Total Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 24g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 0%
Iron 2%

So 6 cups would be 144g of sugar or two sodas if I still drank them. I'm not concerned about over consuming veggies and fruits. I'm more worried about HFCS, Hydrogentated Fats, and anything processed.

The past two weeks I cut out fruit from my diet because I noticed I was binging on it thinking it was a healthy replacement for other stuf I notf, anyways,iced that i've slimmed down a helluva lot since I cut out fruit, my man pecks are smaller and tighter and I just look tighter and in better shape with all that sugar out of my system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back