Frozen fish....is it legit?

Isop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So I've been wanting to introduce more fish in my diet. I usually get my fish from sushi, but it's getting too expensive. So i was wondering if frozen fish was of any decent standard. I'm NOT talking like gordens breaded fillets but, those breadless freezer packs you can get. Sweet, thanks peeps.

So I've been wanting to introduce more fish in my diet. I usually get my fish from sushi, but it's getting too expensive. So i was wondering if frozen fish was of any decent standard. I'm NOT talking like gordens breaded fillets but, those breadless freezer packs you can get. Sweet, thanks peeps.

Yep. Just buy it at a good place. It is often BETTER than fresh shit. "Fresh" stuff is often frozen anyway, and if not you have to trust that it was transported correctly.

Costco RULES for frozen fish and fresh meat.

buy better quality fish and watch where it comes from Farmed or northern water is better

Yep. Just buy it at a good place. It is often BETTER than fresh shit. "Fresh" stuff is often frozen anyway, and if not you have to trust that it was transported correctly.

Costco RULES for frozen fish and fresh meat.

Yes it does. I'm still pissed there is no Costco where I live, but Sam's is pretty good too. And the frozen in this case is better. For example, all the fresh salmon is farm-raised, but the frozen is wild-caught. Actually the only "fresh" fish they have that is wild-caught is Cod, and that's previously frozen and imported from Russia.

So, after all that rambling, frozen is good.

buy better quality fish and watch where it comes from Farmed or northern water is better

Since when is farmed better? This goes against everything I've seen, read and heard.

Costco is good for frozen food in general

Sweet, and yeah I'm all about wild. Looks like I'll be hitting trader joes this weekend - don't have a costco nearby. :icon_conf:

Thanks yo.

Back