Front Squat Question

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Big H, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Big H

Big H Blue Belt

On heavier weights the bar comes forward from my shoulders (harder to keep elbows up) and with my hands I'm pushing against it with a couple fingers to keep it in place.

Is a little bit of pushing acceptable or should I move back to a lower weight where the bar sits fine on the shoulders?

2. BoxingFan123

BoxingFan123 Purple Belt

you should be able to do the front squat with arms fully extended in front of you(ie no hold on bar at all)

if not you just need to correct where the bar is sitting

3. Klotz

Klotz Shalom

See if you can hold your elbows up higher.

4. Big H

Big H Blue Belt

yeh im capable of doing that but with heavier weight it rolls down, though that might be because my upper back is coming forward now that i think about it, i'll get a vid.
    yeah i try to hold them as high as possible, will post a vid.

5. spinach

spinach White Belt

High elbows are definitely a must, but if you're handling a limit weight, it's going to try and roll away from you, that's why it's a limit weight. Again, high elbows and good posture can help with this, but the problem is not going to go away.