Front Row Brian: UFC Looking At Werdum vs Cain II & Aldo vs McGregor 5th December

Oh look, Cain with yet another rematch.

Cain would be the baddest man on the planet...

...as long as Dana would let him keep fighting the same two people.

Two people, cause Werdum going to wreck him again.

Oh, FFS. So Cain loses the belt in his first defense, has one easy fight and then gets another shot, makes two defenses (including one to the former champ), takes a year and a half off, loses again, and ... gets an immediate rematch title shot? It's like they are deliberately trying to prevent any new stars from arising and keeping the division dull.

Exactly. Arlovski should be next.

Kind of risky card. Cain and Aldo. Hope they don't get injured before the fight

Cain doesn't deserve the rematch but will get hurt before then anyway.

Wow, Cain gets a rematch after getting wrecked. Doesn't make any sense. This shows the UFC is strugging so bad that they need to mexican market to survive so they throwing Cain back in there.

Because the UFC wants Cain to be champ, because he's Mexican American
And Werdum speaks fluent Spanish and Portugese, plus some English. And he has an awesome personality. And he's an amazingly skilled fighter.

Why they don't market him more is beyond me...

And Werdum speaks fluent Spanish and Portugese, plus some English. And he has an awesome personality. And he's an amazingly skilled fighter.

Why they don't market him more is beyond me...

they should market him more, but that doesn't change the fact that mexicans will always support a mexican champion more than a brazilian champion that speaks spanish. and right now the ufc already has brazil, they need mexico

Bullshit. Get the fuck out of here with another instant rematch.

Only if Werdum gets an immediate rematch if he loses.

Why? He doesn't exactly sell ppvs.

Few fighters are selling nowadays anyway.
But, Cain can penetrate the Mexican market, a market that the UFC desperately wants buying PPV's.

Fuck the UFC.

They can continue to run this sport like a carwash. I will not be sending them any money until they decide to run it like a professional sport with actual competitive architecture.

Love Cain, but he has absolutely no business fighting for the title next. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed, this, gimme fights for their favorites, kicking out shields, not hiring askren etc.

They can do as they like of course, but I would prefer the feeling of a professional sport.

Wtf. How does Cain get a rematch? If you get finished, no immediate shot.

Wtf. How does Cain get a rematch? If you get finished, no immediate shot.

Yeah, I think the instant rematches should be for guys like Silva, GSP (second reign), or Aldo, and then only if it was a close, competitive fight or there was some kind of controversy. A short-time champ who got dominated should have to re-establish himself (I think there's a good chance Cain would, but make him do it).

So I guess this is why Arlovski is possibly being booked to fight Mir. Such bullcrap. Cain does not deserve a rematch. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured between now and December and is out for another 12-18 months. The UFC should expect it to happen by now with Cain's history.

So I guess this is why Arlovski is possibly being booked to fight Mir. Such bullcrap. Cain does not deserve a rematch. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured between now and December and is out for another 12-18 months. The UFC should expect it to happen by now with Cain's history.

Stipe should be on that card along with Frankie Edgar to replace Cain and Aldo incase of injuries!

I thought the UFC was getting away from immediate rematches. Only current champs who I would say deserve an immediate rematch should they lose are Aldo, Johnson, & Rousey... everyone else ..nope

Back