From those of you who come from a place without crime

In Singapore, we have very low crime rate. I've mentioned multiple times throughout my time here in Sherdog that even ladies feel safe walking around in the street at 2am to 5am. I do believe it gives us a false sense of security and most people will be ill equip with life threatening situation should it arise.

Few years back, I had two Russian managers that was sharing stories during our lunch break. One of them said, in their country, whenever they hears a loud BANG, most people will instinctively drop to the floor to take cover. Assuming the source of the bang is likely from a gun shot. They were surprised when they first encountered similar situation in Singapore, locals will all turn and look for the source of the loud Bang, assuming some heavy objects fell from somewhere.

Just an extra information:
Under our law, it's almost impossible for citizens to own a gun. Possession alone warrants a 10year+ jail and caning. Any attempt to use an arm is Death sentences.

Even for our police, I think since the early 90s, there might have been less than 10 cases where police fired off a gun. For this part, I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me. It's extremely likely though.

Most of the Asian countries I've been to feel really safe. In Japan I'd go on trains at night, i was staying about a 10 min walk from the station but didn't think twice about walking back at night. Seems there'd be women and men alike walking home by themselves, they didn't seem to concerned about safety either.

Most of the Asian countries I've been to feel really safe. In Japan I'd go on trains at night, i was staying about a 10 min walk from the station but didn't think twice about walking back at night. Seems there'd be women and men alike walking home by themselves, they didn't seem to concerned about safety either.

I agree.
Asia countries, especially those with strong economy, are generally safe to travel around even late into the night. It's probably because of our difference in f&b culture between Asia and western countries. From what I understand majority of stores closes around evening time for western countries, so there are little reason to be walking around past that time unless one is seeking night life in appropriate establishments like night club/pub/bar.
There are plenty of 24hrs stores in basically all Asian countries, especially city areas. Meeting and having a supper after 1am with a group of friends is very common, even for non-drinking occasion.

Back