from the heart - you're greatest hero boxer and why - 1 line

Lennox: a mastermind

Vitali: a work ethic

Oscar: style

Probably Lennox for no reason other than him being the top dog around the time I was fanboying over boxing more than any other era in my life.

but if I have to give another reason.

because I believe at his best, motivated and in his best shape, he was as close to unbeatable as we have ever seen, Ali, Foreman, etc. All would have had trouble with a prime lennox.

now sometimes we didn’t get that version and… that’s another story.

Froch

Loved his balls to the wall style and duck no one mentality. Was at Kessler 2 and Groves 2 which were two of the best sporting experiences of my life.

His Bute performance is probably my favourite.

I wondered if he was getting at that but that is how a casual would view just the headline without watching and understanding the fight. The fact is Duran couldn't go to war because Leonard wouldn't engage on Duran's terms, Leonard ran. When Leonard played Duran's game and went to war Duran, the smaller man won.

Last edited:
I guess Erik Morales because his late career comeback showed us that he was a very capable technical fighter who just chose to brawl like a maniac

545014_3037354343610_73678116_n.jpg

Tyson, Jones and Dave Hilton were my two boxing idols growing up. Soured a lot on the last two for vastly different reasons.....

I know of what you speak regarding Dave. Back in the mid-'80s, I was a sparring partner for him, Alex & Matt. And, other than a few loud, drunken nights with them after their fights, I never saw anything that would indicate what would occur with them in the years ahead. It all went so tragic & sordid for them. Such a shame.

Back