from the back

S

sir-elric

i tried to search it but i get myriads of irrelevant results so here it is!

i feel quite comfy of having someone on my back

if is a white belt i will either make a shoulder throw or i will use my back to flip him for my back.

if is someone with higher belt i will try not be choked and to turn in his guard and to work my way out of there.

i was wondering if someone has any tip or anything i can watch online or any dvds that i can buy.

i train for like 3 months know.

I think that's a really really really really incredibly bad habit to develop. With white belts...well let's not count newbie mistakes, they only work on newbies anyway. Against better guys it is the hardest thing to turn into somebody guard if they have a body triangle on you or has the hooks in deep.

^agreed, I got used to turtling in judo, and boy when I do it in no gi I get owned.

Yeah, I would stop doing the shoulder throw (seionage) immediately. I tried that a couple times and promptly found myself getting choked out. Anybody halfway decent will roll with it.

Best strategy --avoid giving up your back.

If you're stuck there try and turn into your opponent.

Yeah, I would stop doing the shoulder throw (seionage) immediately. I tried that a couple times and promptly found myself getting choked out. Anybody halfway decent will roll with it.

Best strategy --avoid giving up your back.

If you're stuck there try and turn into your opponent.

what HORRIBLE advice, terrible!

if your doing ippon seonage and getting choked, your not doing it right.

Lol that's like saying, I tried a double leg a couple times and got guillotined. Don't ever use it!

what HORRIBLE advice, terrible!

if your doing ippon seonage and getting choked, your not doing it right.

No, on the ground he is correct. Ippon Seonage is tachi waza and really isn't suited to the ground.

As for people on my back, I turtle... I mean I have a great Turtle Guard., yeah that's it.:rolleyes: I defend the choke and if they over commit on the far side, I can roll them with a makki komi type sweep. I also have a decent Knee bar. I try not to stay there long but I can defend pretty good.

No, on the ground he is correct. Ippon Seonage is tachi waza and really isn't suited to the ground.

As for people on my back, I turtle... I mean I have a great Turtle Guard., yeah that's it.:rolleyes: I defend the choke and if they over commit on the far side, I can roll them with a makki komi type sweep. I also have a decent Knee bar. I try not to stay there long but I can defend pretty good.

You're also a white belt, no?

what are you talking about? how is ipon seonage not suited to the ground?

what are you talking about? how is ipon seonage not suited to the ground?

It is not a high percentage move from the ground. A good opponent will roll with it and choke you. From standing, I agree if he chokes you, you did it wrong.

Yeah-- I meant seionage while on the ground, with a guy draped on top of you.

Attempting the shoulder throw from this position and most likely the guy will roll with you.

Seionage while standing is very effective--especially the drop-knee variety.

Look into Josh Russell's dvd on the turtle. Cheap and good explanation of how to defend and sweep from the turtle.

Back