From someone who has broken their ankle: Varner is not human

SuedeWade87

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
When I was 15 /16 I broke my ankle skateboarding in a similar way by rolling the ankle. When I felt the ankle roll I fell but it didn't feel much worse than a light sprain. When I tried to stand up however, I felt sharp blinding white pain and my shit immediately swelled up. Just putting any weight on it was out of the question.

That dude just fought with that shit what the fuck.

I can't believe Varner fought out that round and even more so I can't believe how calm he was post-fight even hopping over for the official decision.

I don't understand it honestly. I have had surgery on my right humerus from being taken down ending with it badly breaking requiring a steel rod put in and took that with no problems at all in a similar way to Varner.

The ankle though....I bitched out hard when I stood up and felt that pain how the hell does Varner not even seem much more than inconvenienced?

But he was in the Octagon, amped up and ON during the fight. Once the round was over, ouch, in E.T. voice!

That's the diff-er-ence.

Well take into account that there are half a million people watching, you're fighting to put bread on the table and you're probably flowing with adrenaline considering you're in a fight. That said, Varner is tough as shit for fighting through that.

Varner has always been tough as nails. Eating a dozen Barboza kicks before KOing him, brawling with Abel. Guy is a top talent as well.

Adrenaline probably masked most of the pain, after it dies down its gonna hurt and swell like a motherfucker

Broke my ankle. It swelled up like a grapefruit. Didn't go to the hospital cuz my parents are Mexican. Walked on it like a boss. LIKE A BOSS

It's different if you have a lot of adrenaline or are in shock. I broke my femur clean right above the knee cap after avoiding running into a car with my dirtbike but having the leg caught on the bumper as it passed by. Couldn't feel thing and it wasn't until I stopped the bike, tried to swing off it and saw my leg rubber banding all funny like that I understood something was terribly wrong. Had zero pain though cause my body had switched it off at that moment and it felt like a dead piece of meat, almost alien to my body. I could even move my leg around so the skin bulged from the bone at the break.

To everyone in here stating that the UFC Octagon and the crowd and the adrenaline all were the cause I agree...it most definitely is the only physiological way he could react that way.

Seen a lot of fighters fight through some injuries. Hell even a lot of athletes compete through an injury. Never seen one continue on a broken ankle especially when the competition involves striking on the feet.

I didnt see the inury happen but i knew he was hurting bad and it would probably be stopped in between. Mad props to varner, wanted him to win

Adrenaline probably masked most of the pain, after it dies down its gonna hurt and swell like a motherfucker

Bulldog wrestler are you speaking from experience or do you know someone who had the similar injury?

Back