From Reddit MMA: Anderson Silva meets his biggest fan

anyone have a translation for what Silva was saying? I feel like shedding another bucket of tears

I don't even like Anderson but that was a cool thing he did.

We need a translator, sounds like he was giving a speech to stay strong or you can achieve anything. I wonder how these impressionable kids actually take advice seriously from an all time great fighter

anyone have a translation for what Silva was saying? I feel like shedding another bucket of tears
The doctor starts by asking the kid what he likes to do, and if he likes fighting. The kid sayd he trains jiu jitsu and muay thai and is itching to come back after his leg heals. The doctor then asks who are his idols, he respond it's Anderson and Minotauro, and then Anderson comes and asks if the kid is all right and prays that his leg heal fast, asks for a hug and tells the kid to not cry.

Anderson then gives the gloves and stuff, all signed by him and says: "You know you have the same injury Minotauro had, and look at him, he is fighting again! Now I will ask his doctors to come and see you, and will you promise me to heal fast and go back to training! We will train together but you have to be careful with me, don't choke me because I'm old!"

Apparently this is how Gleison Tibau cuts all his water weight to make the cut to 155.

this is why I generally don't mind when folks post older videos

I hadn't seen it, and I'm really happy I finally did

Ronda Rousey's biggest fan reacting to her loss.

Thought he would meet this man there.

UFCChaelSonnen.jpg

Sometimes it's nice to see that fighters are just normal, decent people that maybe shouldn't receive so much hate just because they beat up your favourite fighter.

Sometimes it's nice to see that fighters are just normal, decent people that maybe shouldn't receive so much hate just because they beat up your favourite fighter.

It's the internet. 98% of the hate stems from the anonymity of not having to own up to anything should you ever meet them face to face. A lot of it can be moderated to produce a more informative and positive environment, but that ship has long sailed with sherdog. There's a reason most MMA fighters avoid this place like the plague.

To imagine myself being touched and sweetly caressed by Anderson Silva as he speaks to me in his gentle Portuguese.

Back